• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rodney C.

Rodney C.

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

When either clicking the "Join Mumble" link, or the same getting triggered because mumble is mandatory in a particular lobby, after all slots have been assigned, your name gets prefixed with your class - nothing new. However, the format "CLASS: Playername" collides with the Mumble URL scheme, which interprets a colon as seperator between username and password.

This means, if the first part of the Mumble link called is for instance "HEAVY: Little Hoovy@[...]" the client would, unless the colon is masked, enter the server as "HEAVY" (which often collides with existing players, cf. this post), and the password supplied would be " Little Hoovy". Since there is no password of which i knew, that part just gets ignored.

You can read more about this at the Mumble wiki: http://wiki.mumble.i...wiki/Mumble_URL

Solutions which come to my mind would be either using the colon's HTML entity, if possible (%3A in URLs, this post might be related), or simply leaving it out. I think "HEAVY Little Hoovy" would be equally well readable in the overlay.

Best regards

#2 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

I'm pretty sure that it uses %3A to replace the colon, or atleast I've seen it do so in the past.

• MikeNGo likes this

#3 MikeNGo

MikeNGo

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:51 PM

I'm pretty sure that it uses %3A to replace the colon, or atleast I've seen it do so in the past.

Just drop the encoded characters, and make the source string be the connotation of:

$CLASS/ROLE  .. " " .. $STEAM_HANDLE

Edit1: Added line break

Edited by MikeNGo, 03 September 2014 - 11:51 PM.

#4 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:42 PM

Done: http://rc.tf2center....elog#2014-12-06

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed