Photo
Rejected

I love how the warning is a ban instead of an actual warning. DZCreeper Unban Request.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 DZCreeper

DZCreeper

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:32 PM

http://forums.tf2cen...e-in-main-chat/

Yeah, that was out of line. Sincerely sorry about that mooCow, just got under my skin waiting for lobbies to start.

Obviously that sexually "attacking" language was typed by me, but its the internet and taking that seriously is obviously not normal. I propose the following instead of a ban:

A warning, which I guess this can be considered.

Unbanning me.

Any further statements using such language directed at another person under the domain of tf2center will result in a permanent ban for me.

In addition, mooCow may take his own action such as banning me from his lobbies.

Once again, sorry. I do feel this ban is a little extreme considering the stuff that people say to each other and in general during lobbies without being banned however.

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:52 PM

Its a one day ban, and you were clearly out of line.

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#3 DZCreeper

DZCreeper

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

Alright, I guess I can deal with that. Any particular reason the warning is a 1 day ban instead of an actual warning?

#4 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:40 AM

No idea, only ninjaMooCow knows that one.

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#5 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

I Jumped into mumble and spoke to this user.  What ensued was an argument of how lots of worse stuff goes on in the internet, and chill out. That is not a warning, that is an argument.  I promptly muted the player and delivered the ban.

In one statement, he managed to hit every subtype of the chat rule.  He even touched on rule 4.4 a little, as he attacks me because I am a moderator of  TF2C.  The only one he missed was discrimination, and that is because I am not a protected group.  Offensive language gives some leeway for mods to decide severity of punishment.  I really think if the warning was taken gracefully, then it would not have grown to a ban.

I did think about this somewhat.  If someone who had earned my trust and respect as a friend had said this about me, I would have understood the jest.  A stranger doing this to me, or anyone else, makes it outright hate speech - which I will never take lightly.

Oh, and pro-tip.  This forum is not about arguing what the mod did wrong.  That is a failure tactic.

2. Chat Rules

1. Offensive Language
Language with the potential to cause offense to other players, including but not limited to: general derogatory language, directed derogation, discrimination, sexual language, or general disrespect towards other players.

• Luop90 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected