#1 Aysentaro

Aysentaro

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:02 AM

Lairotut mix/merc

He was the pocket but decided that he will play sniper entire match, warned him on mumble multiple times even tried to rep him, ruined the game with this offclassing.

Thats what he said after game
*DEAD* Lairotut mix/merc :  gg my team sucked
*DEAD* Lairotut mix/merc :  now they rq

5. Inappropriate behaviour

Plz no less than a week join ban, thx.

#2 Taddy

Taddy

Under Probation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:28 AM

This type of thing just pisses me off, but in the other ban threads I've seen for people running heavy and etc the ENTIRE match in 6v6 the mods/admins claimed it was an allowed tactic and won't be punished. I'm sure they'll just tell you to report him out of the match and if not deal with it.

#3 Aysentaro

Aysentaro

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:34 AM

hope you understand it was a pocket decided he will not pocket, its like medic switching to spy full time coz healing is boring

and a heavy will not ruin the entire game, etc on gully its a really good class, but sniper pocket??? think about what you said

#4 Taddy

Taddy

Under Probation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:38 AM

hope you understand it was a pocket decided he will not pocket, its like medic switching to spy full time coz healing is boring

and a heavy will not ruin the entire game, etc on gully its a really good class, but sniper pocket??? think about what you said

I understand completely and I'd want this guy to get banned as well, but it is an allowed strategy to play utility in 6v6. To counter the argument the other soldier could have played pocket or you could have reported the sniper. 

#5 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

Aysentaro,

This type of ban is super-hard to enforce.  It's in the grey zone of the rules.  Mods can't be looking over shoulders of players telling them to take certain classes in 6's.

From looking at the logs, your team wasn't so stellar.  He did try hard to win, he had 2nd most damage on your team next to the demo as sniper.  Maybe this is the way that he felt he could contribute the most.

In about 24h I am going to reject unless another mod/admin wants to jump in here.  Sorry.

• Computer and Tury like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected