• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 10:43 PM

Steam Name: Rainy
Steam ID: 76561198003219831

Hello,

Referencing the following: https://forums.tf2ce...61198003219831/

This was not an abuse of RCON, I was preserving the integrity of a game already underway and trying to remedy a situation caused by what appeared to be a site glitch or error of some sort. The original player on Pocket was able to join the server initially after some complications with the site, and the game started with all 12 original players. The original Pocket then got auto reported while still in game (bug?) and the new player in question joined. Everybody explained the situation to the sub and made it clear we did not actually need nor request a sub and it was simply an error or glitch with the site, but he refused to leave or even respond and continued playing the game, leaving us with a 7v6 match.

I am glad the chat log was posted, because it shows the players in the server trying to fix the situation themselves by reporting the new, unnecessary sub so our actual Pocket could claim their spot via the sub button, but he was unable to do so because of what I understood to be a problem with the site. Thus, I had to use the RCON to remove the 13th player and continue the game and avoid a ruined Center. Also, I posted a notification in chat on the main page in chat that we did not need another sub to avoid a similar situation.

I understand the frustration of the player in question, and it is unfortunate he received an unnecessary cooldown. It would have also been equally unfair to kick a player who through no fault of their own had gotten reported and was actually present and playing. I felt my hands were tied and I did what I thought was best. I hope that clarifies everything, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

#2 Warpy

Warpy

☄

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90965 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 25 April 2020 - 11:03 PM

Going off of http://logs.tf/2531027 there was no discussion or reason stated in there as to why they were kick

But as yoshi is a machine learning ai this all seems plausible.. though honestly it'd make more sense to have the person got reported leave the server to avoid kicking future subs..

Unbanned