• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Noided

Noided

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:27 AM

There should be a feature that can allow players to join as multiple classes to reduce the wait times in lobbies.

Upon entering a lobby, the class icons in the middle should be darkened. If a person clicks a class icon, the icon would become colored and would signify that he/she wants to play that class. If only one class is highlighted then they will play that one class. But if multiple classes are highlighted then they have the option of playing those classes. If someone joins the lobby and the current person on that class has another class highlighted and the class is open, it should move the current person to that open class.

Not only will this feature reduce wait times in lobbies, but it will act as a randomizer for those who want to try new classes or those who do not care what class they play.

• The Once and Future King likes this

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

Somewhat Related Threads

This seems like an interesting idea, but the design implications are quite complicated. I think I get what you're saying, and it's not entirely clear how effective it would be in practice.

#3 Noided

Noided

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

The Once and Future King's "classless lobby" is not what I meant. To my understanding, the classless lobby leaves the class selection completely up to chance. My idea allows the user to pick the classes he/she does not mind playing. The user would still have to join a single class at the home lobby page, but upon entering a lobby they can choose additional classes they can play or want to try out.

There are many users who play multiple classes (Heavy, Medic, and Engineer included) so why limit them to a single class and increase wait times?

Edited by Noided, 29 July 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#4 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

As I said, somewhat related.

I definitely understand where you are coming from and what the advantages are, I'm just saying it's fairly hairy to implement.

#5 flip

flip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:53 AM

seems way too overly complicated to me.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined