• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 quintosh

quintosh

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

Osman and Ulysse joined a lobby as Medic and Hwguy. Ulysse got reported for not joining, the sub joined, Ulysse rejoined and tried to claim his Heavy spot and refused to play Engi. His friend Osman said that if he doesn't get his main spot the players would have to report Osman as Medic too. They got reported and kicked from the server, Osman and Ulysse clicked the sub requests and Osman joined as Engineer. When the lobby started he walked to third point to build a mini and a teleporter. Lobby restarted, they were kicked again, they still clicked sub requests on the site.

sB | Ulysse :  if y leave, you lose the medic too
quintosh :  !report red medic
TC Drotalion :  !rep red medic
Console: "TF2Center: sub vote: RED MEDIC (1/4)"
Console: "TF2Center: sub vote: RED MEDIC (2/4)"
* No Time Limit *
TSx* Garden. :  !rep red medic
Console: "TF2Center: sub vote: RED MEDIC (3/4)"
* No Time Limit *
Osa__PL :  !rep red medic
Console: "[TF2Center]: Reporting Lobby#44078 RED MEDIC; reason: MANUAL"

EmperoT [PL] :  !rep red engineer
Console: "[TF2Center]: Reporting Lobby#44078 RED ENGINEER; reason: MANUAL"
Console: "[TF2Center]: Substitute on his way for Lobby#44078 RED ENGINEER: sB | Osman"
Player sB | Osman has joined the game
Player sB | Osman joined team RED

Console: "[TF2Center]: Substitute on his way for Lobby#44078 RED ENGINEER: sB | Ulysse"

Player sB | Osman left the game (Kicked from server)
|AuQ|Hestefar2 :  !rep red engineer
Console: "[TF2Center]: Reporting Lobby#44078 RED ENGINEER; reason: MANUAL"
Player jordi.domiguez has joined the game
Console: "[TF2Center]: Substitute on his way for Lobby#44078 RED ENGINEER: sB | Osman"

#2 Osman

Osman

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

This is not true.

Ulysse was on the server and got kicked by the lobby leader for making place to his friend.

As he couldn't probably know, there's some feature like "locking slot" to do this, and we found the kick very irrespectuous and irrelevant, as we joined together the lobby, ready up when starting, and got both kicked for making place.

We asked him to respect the lobby sheet, and got kicked again, and again, without further excuses or explanations.

Also, quintosh, it's not up to you to define where i'm supposed to build a sentry. Did you just approved your own ban request ?

• Ulysse, Osman and kragh like this

#3 Ulysse

Ulysse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

Hi.

Like Osman said, what has been said above is strictly untrue.

To begin with, the problem started when I got kicked for no reason at all while i was ALREADY on the lobby, on my heavy spot, like I was supposed to be. I tried to rejoin right away when this happened. I did not understand immediatly that, but I had been manually kicked by the leader, to be replaced by a friend of his, as heavy.

The only reason we joined as combo heavy-medic with my team mate was to practice a bit our duo for the oncoming match we had. There was no point for me to be engineer, and thusly, no point for osman to be medic. We signed in to be heavy-medic, normally not to get kicked without any notice by a tyran leader.

We are actually serious players, always willing to respect the rules and actives members of tf2center. We have created and played litteraly hundreds of lobbies on our servers (you can check), and played a lot in a lot of different classes.

Today, we got kicked irrespectuously and we got pretty mad about it. If you have a friend willing to play a specific class, you can lock the spot for him, as we always do, which the leader obviously didn't do.

After that, since we couldn't obviously play heavy and medic thanks to a very "nice" and "prevalent" leader, we decided to change our mind and play however, which is the reason we tried to join again and got kicked again several times.

Regarding the matter of the engineer trolling, since it was obvious the leader would not let us play, we decided to troll that obnoxious leader a bit. Trolling engineers with stupid teleporters are really frequents on fail-lobbies (and even on not failed ones). As a random exemple, Loveclop does that pretty often (w torse than a "wrong way" teleporter, a teleporter off cliffs, killing all the teleported players).

Therefore, considering the situation, we do not think that permanent ban is relevant. The leader messed with us, and did not mention any of that in here. We are active and enthousiasts members of the tf2center community, and we would really like to keep playing as we have been : hundreds of lobbies with 95% reliability, and active participation to the mumble/fun part of it.

If you want us to provide testimonies of our good faith, we can here and now. We do not think that we deserved to be banned for this, and thus, we hope very much that you will reconsider your decision.

Thank you for your understanding,

Ulysse.

• Ulysse, Osman and kragh like this

#4 kragh

kragh

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

I approve what Ulysse and Osman said.

Edited by kragh, 23 February 2014 - 04:59 PM.

• Osman likes this

#5 cobz

cobz

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

Cmon, quintosh. Conforming to what they said and more about what said Osman, it sounds pretty legit that they rejoined because they got kicked for no reason.

Well, can't you give them like a warning ? I mean, they are quite nice people, always were decent in-game and in-chat, joined mumble when they had to.. Etc.  Thatz the first time they do something like that.

What they did today is stupid (@rejoining twice) alright but very minor compared to other things like cheating or such. 

Just saying.

• Ulysse and Osman like this

#6 Ulysse

Ulysse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

We would understand that you'd want to get rid of trolls and such occasional players living to ruin people's fun and the good organisation of this device, we find them annoying too.

But since our competitive team/community is composed by frequent and regular users of tf2center (150+ lobbies played each, with at least 100 hosted on our servers), that, beside of this surprised->upset->mad->troll situation, we never made any troubles (we even participated to catch a few of cheaters and ddosers accounts : http://forums.tf2cen...is-alt-account/ ), we don't understand why we were inflicted such a dispropotional mesure with nothing like a trial (especially since a great part of the accusation issue was hidden in the previous post), or a warning.

Since I'm not sure about whether we need to keep contesting this ban, or the ask for an unban, i'd like to be informed if we need to continue this "discussion" in here or in the "unban request" section. We would really like to get answered as quick as possible, please, this situation is pretty embarassing.

Thanks beforehand,

Ulysse, leader of the sBooB team.

Edited by Ulysse, 23 February 2014 - 06:39 PM.

• Ulysse and Osman like this

#7 quintosh

quintosh

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

Hello.

This is not true.

Ulysse was on the server and got kicked by the lobby leader for making place to his friend.

As he couldn't probably know, there's some feature like "locking slot" to do this, and we found the kick very irrespectuous and irrelevant, as we joined together the lobby, ready up when starting, and got both kicked for making place.

We asked him to respect the lobby sheet, and got kicked again, and again, without further excuses or explanations.

Also, quintosh, it's not up to you to define where i'm supposed to build a sentry. Did you just approved your own ban request ?

I don't see the leader needing to kick you from the server if he just wanted his friend in. He could kick you from the lobby and have his friend join, and if he did do that you're obviously not welcome to play Heavy. On the server you got kicked and replaced by sub, I haven't noticed any message leading to the lobby leader kicking you or you saying that he keeps kicking you, neither in lobby chat or the server chat.

After you got kicked, Ulysse said that if the server host didn't give you the Heavy spot we'd have to report the Medic (Ulysse) too. So people did that, you got kicked and replaced by sub. As unfortunate as it gets you both rejoin the server, Ulysse gets banned by the host and eventually you rejoin as Engineer and you ready up. You proceed to run to third point just to build a tele exit and then the host restarts the config and you get kicked again.

While people were impatient and leaving, we reported them and you just clicked the sub requests. Every single one of them. Don't deny that, there's no favourable intention other than just trying to do everything so that no one is able to play.

I don't know about Loveclop, he's been warned not to do it by now and if he keeps doing it, bad stuff will happen to him too.

On a side-note, your ban isn't permanent. I had you banned for a week but it seems I missed it out when I copypasted the OP from Notepad. But, considering your previous efforts to make the community better and you apparently enjoying to play on TF2C, I admit I was unaware, hence I will get you unbanned. Next time if you're unsatisfied with how a leader handles his lobbies, record proof and send it to us instead of trying to ruin the game for everyone.

Carry on.

#8 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

unbanned

#9 Osman

Osman

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

Thank you quintosh, i fully agree than my behaviour was exagerated about this minor incident.
I appreciate your move, and be assured than i will also rethink about my behaviour for the future.
Cheers

Edited by Osman, 23 February 2014 - 08:58 PM.

#10 Ulysse

Ulysse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

Thanks a lot ! Next time something bad happens, we will surely report it instead of trying to handle it that poorly on our on.

Have a nice evening, and thank you again for your consideration.

See you soon on lobbies !