2 replies to this topic

#1 mizx

mizx

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

I'm not sure if your web host and allocations, but I know you guys have public links to download a map via lobbies. Setting the sv_download url to your web host when creating games (or custom maps that you have at least) would help new players who don't have the maps be able to play while requiring less on their end.

Yes, I know, it's simple to download it yourself and install while you're waiting. The fact of the matter is everyone won't, then it's just more time you and sixteen others need to wait for a sub.

Even if you are limited on bandwidth, if you set it for only custom maps you have, it wouldn't take a vast amount because the majority of people already have.

To avoid future issues with the server owner and things, you could unset the variable on match end.

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

Related Thread

I don't think these threads are the same, but if they are someone please let me know.

#3 mizx

mizx

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

It is totally related! I apologize I wrote this on my mobile and then couldn't find it so assumed it never went through and ignored it.

Good to know the system sets download url if none is currently set. Thanks TheMattgician

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed