• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blargh

blargh

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

I'm sure someone's brought this up because it's been around for a while, but I didn't see it so I thought I'd go ahead and post: the spectator lists in lobbies aren't accurate.  It maintains names of people who have joined and left, rather than only actual spectators.  It confuses people in the lobby who are waiting for, say, a medic.

#2 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

Talked about here: http://forums.tf2cen...veyard/?hl=spec, and a bit here I think: http://forums.tf2center.com/topic/998-solution-to-the-mumble-crisis-spectating-and-mentors-now-have-a-spec-team/?hl=spectate .

I still don't see why everybody is so overly concerned about the spectators.  They do not hurt anything by being there (even if they are not really there).

#3 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

I think this is an actual bug, not a suggestion. Either way, the spectator list will be reviewed at some point in the future.

#4 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:55 AM

Reviving.  Dev input please.

#5 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:03 AM

It's hard to tell if spectators have actually left; we've done some testing in the past and it seemed to work. It may have something to do with multiple tabs open.

The stuff under the hood is pretty complicated, so I would rather not spend too much time on it, since it's not that important.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined