Kitty

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

Lydia

http://steamcommunit...61198071451130/

(For reference) http://forums.tf2cen...eam-0055592701/

Hey guys. I know what I did was seriously uncool. I blame no one but myself... But tf2center is a big source of fun for me and a main hang out for my friends. I was hoping with zero history of bans anywhere I could get some sort of appeal. I have no intention of ever doing this again, i was just goofing around and did stupid shit.

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

I am against an appeal. Map exploits ruin the game just as much, if not more so than hacking. You built sentries that could kill without being able to be targeted. You single handedly ruined that entire lobby. The other team essentially couldn't play because you built a sentry under the point.

I'll let a head admin or dev choose on this one, but I am against an unban.
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#3 Kitty

Kitty

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:55 AM

I am against an appeal. Map exploits ruin the game just as much, if not more so than hacking. You built sentries that could kill without being able to be targeted. You single handedly ruined that entire lobby. The other team essentially couldn't play because you built a sentry under the point.

I'll let a head admin or dev choose on this one, but I am against an unban.

I'd like to point out that in the demo you clearly see my sentries did nothing except in one push that would have been stopped anyway. The center was a roll and we knew a head of time that is was. Does it make it any better? No but I didn't ruin the lobby. Not by a long shot. I'm not really expecting a get out of jail free card but a perma ban really sucks when it's the number 1 thing I do the most now a days (Explaining how I got 275+ lobbies).

Edited by Kitty, 12 July 2014 - 12:56 AM.

#4 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Hi,

Luop: thanks for doing such a thorough job reviewing demos and collecting the evidence. It's pretty damning.

Lydia: Map exploits do ruin the game for people, regardless of time left. They also give TF2Center a bad reputation, and as such must be treated seriously. Having said that you seem to show remorse, and your record up to this point is clean. Our ban system is not only there to punish players, but to also encourage them to play within the rules where possible. As such, I'm going to reduce the permanent ban down to 10 days. 

Your ban will expire on Friday. Unfortunately I'm away from Thursday onwards - please contact an admin from Friday and ask to be unbanned, referencing this post. Please also note that any repetitions of map exploits will automatically carry a lengthier punishment.

#5 Kitty

Kitty

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

Thank you very much foxy, I admit it was a dumb decision but again we were rolling so it truly felt like a no harm done kind of thing. I really never planned on repeating it anyway. Thanks for the appeal

#6 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:50 AM

I guess I'll mark this as completed, since the unban will occur on Friday.

UNBANNED

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unbanned