2 replies to this topic

#1 AceAsterA

AceAsterA

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

I hope you remember the alert sistem that was used in tf2lobby.com. I think it was really good to alert afk players. In tf2 center we have the READY UP! noise but sometimes (i don't think this happens only to me) it doesn't work that well or people can't hear it maybe for videos they are watching or stuff like that. I wish you could develop that sistem because the RUP noise isn't enough sometimes. You shouldn't make a free-spam button but for example the owner of the lobby could use it 2 or 3 times in case of afk people who have passed the pre-ready up button or if the RUP noise sistem is glitched.

What you think guys ? Hope our admins will notice it and tell what they think! :D 
ps: I am NOT making any diffamation of the site or any tf2lobby pubblicity because it is closed....

Edited by TheMattgician, 08 July 2014 - 07:47 AM.
Edited title for clarity; Original "Alert sistem"

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

I think this is initially a design choice made by the devs. It might go along the lines of "if the AFK person didn't hear the Heavy, why would they hear something else?" or "Isn't it just going to be spammed?".

• The Once and Future King likes this

#3 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

That was mine and Masternoob's intentional decision at the very early stage of the development. That's why we have changed "Ready" system - everyone can substitute AFK player instead of spamming him and waiting for his response. Also alerting AFK players was so annoying on tf2lobby. Many lobby leaders abused it to spam very often. I don't see any strong reasons to return to this system again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined