Photo
- - - - -
Declined

The increasing prevalence of reporting players because they are doing well needs to stop.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Crackle

Crackle

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

I was sniping in a lobby and hit some nice shots. The spy on the other team started a rep thing, and 3 other people agreed. I'm not too salty because i got some funny footage, but that's kind of a dickish thing to do. After the game starts, i would say that at least one person from each team has to rep someone to get the order out.

the video in question

#2 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

After the game starts, i would say that at least one person from each team has to rep someone to get the order out.

Maybe not one person from each team, but it should at least require one (or two) person(s) from the team of the person being repped.  I don't see a need for requiring one person from the opposing team since some people would purposely not rep then so they could have the advantage if someone is AFK etc. but one team should never be able to !rep someone from the opossing team without that persons teammates also !reping them.

#3 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

If you have a record of people repping you so you get kicked just because you are doing better than they are, post it in the ban requests forum and we can take a look at it, since that is considered trolling to some extent.

#4 Taddy

Taddy

Under Probation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

This isn't a ban request. A feature suited towards the recommendations in post #1 and #2 should strongly be considered. This is a very good idea to prevent a group of friends or a salty enemy team from reporting you out. I myself have been reported out by a TC stack on the opposing team. 

Edited by Taddy, 22 July 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#5 mizx

mizx

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

Instead of a Ban Request, what about just temporarily removing their privilege to !rep people? for a while? like a chat ban?

However, if a group of friends did this, and a group of friends needed to actually !rep someone, this could be problematic. Maybe they just have less !rep power?

• Roxanne likes this

#6 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

I like this. Let me chat how hard it is to add.

• Marty likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined