• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Broze

Broze

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

In lobbies, people sit in spectator waiting for a space to open in their class. It's annoying. I suggest that we make a limit on how long you can stay a spectator. This would mean people that actually wanted to play in the slots would be filtered out and the spectators would have to look for another lobby.

Also, I had an idea about quick starting. Say you have a lobby with the equal amount of people on each side and no one is filling the other spaces, after about 10 minutes or so it could quick start by adding people to the server and starting without the classes that weren't filled (the classes can be filled mid-way through the game but put on a balancing system. Say red is winning and neither team has a medic, this medic would be put with the blue team. The other team are still open to having a medic drop in).

My final idea is still a work in progress but might work. If two lobbies are both short on players but have the right amount of players when they're combined the two lobbies vote on map and play against each other as one lobby. 

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

The question of eliminating some number of spectators has already been discussed. Basically, chill. Their presence has no effect on anything whatsoever. Shortening the list is a reasonable option, but it's at a fairly low priority.

I think the quickstart idea goes against a lot of what TF2C stands for. I mean we could open up a branch of competitive TF2 with no medics, but I think it wouldn't be popular.

The last idea is nice, but the probability of having the perfect situation is very low. Because of this, implementing a merging system would likely not be worth it.

A similar idea I have been thinking of is that if the following situation occurs "lobby#1 is only missing 1 med, lobby#2 has a med among other classes". TF2C could open a window encouraging the med from lobby#2 to join lobby#1 for instant starting.

#3 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

The devs will only look into reducing the spectator list one way or another.

#4 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

I agree with TheMattgician, there are predefined competitive gamemodes for a reason, and it wouldn't make too much sense to attempt to play without a medic and a heavy for example, because they are the highest dps/healing classes in HL.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined