• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Janhouse

Janhouse

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

It would be great if we could see team stats in each lobby.

By team stats I mean total or average hours played, total matches, etc.

I understand that it is not everything that affects the outcome of the game but it might help when making teams.

If you don't add it, I made a GreaseMonkey script (for FF and Chrome) so others can optionally set it up: http://userscripts.o...pts/show/487316

In this case it shows total hours played for both teams.

Example:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 22.32.44.png   332.36KB   0 downloads

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:02 AM

This idea has been thrown around before, but not in a thread I suppose (not that I can find).

However, it is on the Devs list, but is considered trivial at the moment. I'll see if the status has evolved by now.

#3 Janhouse

Janhouse

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

Thank you for letting me know.

I also updated the greasemonkey script so it now colors players based on play hours (red - less hours; green - more hours). and average team play time.

Same link.

See the screenshot: https://www.janhouse...t-22.26.021.png

#4 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

Nice addition, Janhouse. I'm not sure that is actually helps to weigh skill of both teams, but if you feel it helps, then this is a good attempt. Tiny suggestion from me - instead of coloring whole slots, try to color only hours numbers.

#5 flip

flip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

this would make stacking even more worse. People would refuse to join the team with less "power".  just because a team has more hours doesn't mean they are going to win.

Posted Image

#6 Janhouse

Janhouse

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

Of course it doesn't guarantee it but it increases the chances.

Player should try to play against the stronger team or just make teams more equal, only then you can play a competetive game with some value.

Games where "noobs" play against "pros" are not that much enjoyable to any side because you loose the "competetiveness", so if you are into pwnin' noobs, go play on pubs...

#7 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

Sadly, I don't think most people think like that. But it's worth looking into to a certain extent.

#8 Computer

Computer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

Your userscript currently doesn't work on chrome.

#9 Jared

Jared

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:21 AM

Teamstacks occur frequently.

To make things more even, and bring stacks to more people's attention, I think you should add the total hours per team on the site.

I know time played isn't the best way to determine skill, but it's accurate, and it's listed on tf2center for a reason, so I think we should take advantage of it.

Lots of lobbies are ruined because they're so stacked, either they last too long, or the other team leaves before half the game is over. It makes it less fun.

Maybe i'm just being hopeful, maybe teamstacks will always occur. Maybe this idea would only make lobbies fill slower because they are more obvious of stacks. I dunno. Just an idea.

Edited by TheMattgician, 28 June 2014 - 02:24 PM.
Merged Threads

#10 Janhouse

Janhouse

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

Seems like userscripts.org went down. Here is an updated link: https://greasyfork.o...r-powah-counter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined