• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fescron

Fescron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

I think it might be a good idea if you could somehow add a function (a little bit like the filter) so that the website makes some kind of text-to-speech sound if a specific class becomes available...

For example: I want to play as a med in a EU HL (even pl?) lobby. Instead of just waiting and doing something else and then going back to the site to check if that specific slot is available (It's even possible that I already missed a chance of getting in a slot), it would be very handy to make the site call out "medic slot open" or something if the class becomes available that you've set in some kind of filter ...

I hope that you do get what I mean, my English isn't all that good...

Ah well, keep up the great work!

- Fescron

Edited by TheMattgician, 12 June 2014 - 11:38 AM.
Changed title for clarity (initially: Text-to-speech sound if specific classes become available)

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

I've seen this idea before though I cannot find the related thread (it was probably part of another discussion).

Basically, you want to have some setting such that when your class+region+gamemode+map(?) opens up, there's a sound bite (there are plenty of sound clips where the mercenaries call out for spies by naming the classes; so that's covered).

The original idea was to automatically put the person in the slot, but there are both technical and design issues with that.

This is nice because it doesn't force anyone to do anything, it simply provides information. It's a pain if you're pubbing to have to go back to the lobby page every 30 seconds.

#3 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

The devs won't deal with this issue, partially because it would reduce the amount of offclass that goes on (and TF2C loves/needs offclassing).

However, they might invite the community to put something together.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined