Photo
- - - - -
Completed

Self reporting shouldn't effect reliability rating.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DZCreeper

DZCreeper

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:25 AM

For example:

Halfway through an upward lobby I need to leave to deal with an emergency work problem. Rather than being a dick, I !rep myself. (By the way, the new system sucks but that is a whole different topic). I then wait until a sub is on the way and the server kicks me so he can have the slot. In this way I have taken effort to ensure there is minimal negative effect on my team and yet my reliability rating goes down. Not really a huge deal but if its easy to implement I would like to see it.

• fraac and LastTalon like this

#2 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

To add to this, sometimes I might join a lobby thinking it will start in a reasonable time.  Then it takes almost 30 fucking minutes to fill because of all the duplicates, plus we have to wait for 3+ subs once the lobby starts.  I think okay, well lobby should only be about 30minutes so even though it took longer than I expected to start I should be alright but now ther are a bunch of subs needed including a heavy and/or engie and/or medic, making the actual lobby not start for another 15-25 minutes.  By that time I  was expecting the lobby to be near finished but we spent soo much time waiting for subs that now I need to go soon.  As a result I report myself but stay in game until my replacement arrives.  In that situation I didn't even leave my team without a player because I waited for my sub to come before I left.  It's not my fault there are either assholes trolling or idiots with internet connections that are not good enough to be playing lobbies so why should I be punished?

#3 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

!repping yourself should be rewarded, but perhaps not like that. We don't want people to get away with straight up ragequits.

#4 Mahmoud

Mahmoud

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

or you won't be penalized if you quit after a sub joins ..that way you didnt effect the gameplay hence no effect on reliability

• Mother Tereza, The Once and Future King, TheMattgician and 1 other like this

#5 DZCreeper

DZCreeper

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

Any official response to this? If someone waits till a sub arrives, at least they are making an effort to not leave their team to fend for themselves without a class.

#6 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

or you won't be penalized if you quit after a sub joins ..that way you didnt effect the gameplay hence no effect on reliability

I think this is the best solution.

• The Once and Future King likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed