7 replies to this topic

#1 DejaQ

DejaQ

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

Sorry if this is poorly formatted, I made my account just for this.

pYUoeIX.png

http://forums.tf2cen...r/6-masternoob/

Here's a screenshot of your lobby. None of these players are masternoob, you'll notice. (Ignore my username, I changed it for a game with my steam friends :) )

Abr7HJH.jpgf3ogzBs.jpg

I get in the lobby and masternoob has taken the blue demo spot.

Someone asks him why and that happens.

Then, he start abusing his powers in game.

He didn't seem to have to fire stickies, he just looked at you and stickies exploded all around you. I didn't get a screenshot or footage of this, but here's people reacting. You can tell something ain't right.

D5fuAyN.jpg

(pardon my french  :P )

He also appeared not to be able to die, and didn't die once from what I could see, and would end each round with about 20 points and had 3 dominations. He wasn't dominating everyone as we decided to stay in spawn and type in chat, but he was still able to kill us in there.

I hope this is taken seriously, and not just pushed under the carpet.

He also called us faggots but the amount that word is thrown around on TF2C makes me think that nobody cares.

Edited by DejaQ, 06 June 2014 - 07:38 PM.

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

So what evidence do you have to show for all these accusations, and that it was indeed actually the Masternoob in question? 

I don't recommend making your topic so misleading until its confirmed that it was a TF2C developer. Not only is it misleading, if its incorrect its slandering and ruining the reputation of TF2C. 

By no means am I saying you are wrong, just saying don't make such a misleading title for the thread @_@

(I was so excited when I clicked on it) but now I am disappointed...

#3 loop

loop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

1. Admin abuse is a serious issue. No one should have more power over the other person when under a unified rule set. 

With that said:

2. You cannot prove this is the actual MasterNoob without doing "status" in console and linking the actual Steam ID. Anyone can change their name to TF2C | MasterNoob, but no one can fake a Steam ID.

I don't think this is a conclusive report until you can provide that information. 

#4 Kenneth

Kenneth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

There's actually nothing here that suggests it truly was Master Noob. Chances are it was someone impersonating him, which is serious. I will grab our logs and have a flick through.

#5 DejaQ

DejaQ

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

I just figured what he was doing was admin abuse but I suppose it could be simply hacking. Thanks guys.

#6 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

This looks like something a server owner could pull off. Gazdila (lobby leader) doesn't appear in chat, so he's not out of question.

Anyway, I'm 100% certain that's not MN. I can see why someone would want to make him appear as such though.

Edit:

After some detective work, here are the logs (found from the lobby number): http://logs.tf/306429

Here's the Steam profile: http://steamcommunit...d/sunnyboy_aut/

Here's his TF2C profile: http://rc.tf2center....561198026650088

Note the login ban until 3014 by MasterNoob.

My thinking is that he didn't want to wait it out, so he got his friend to host the lobby then provide him with the appropriate hax. I need the console output to prove this though.

Edited by TheMattgician, 06 June 2014 - 09:24 PM.

• loop likes this

#7 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for reporting this Deja. I'm marking it as completed and changing the title to reflect the real situation.

Mods: I'll take further discussions to the internal forums.

#8 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

I don't play 6v6 badlands. Ever. xD