2 replies to this topic

#1 Bucky

Bucky

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Hello,

Had my first try at your site last night and had a blast.  I'm not new to the game and to the internet but still had a bit of difficulty on figuring out how to join a lobby.  Here are a few suggestions to the page to make the page a little friendlier to new people.

1.  Mumble channel displayed on the lobby page should jive with the channel number on the mumble server. (see attached photo).  I had this issue on two different computers and three different browsers.  

2.  A small bit of text in the part of the window when the server connection info is produced that indicates that the text should copied and pasted into the console of TF2 to join.  It took me a few minutes to remember how to connect to a server that was protected with a password and when I did remember, I saw that all I had to do was copy and paste the text.    

Example: " Copy and paste the following into the tf2 console to connect to the server: connect 192.168.1.1:27015; password HjYhg67hgI1 "

These issues could already be known.  If so, tell me to go screw off.  Otherwise, I had a blast and I'll be back on.

Thanks,

Bucky

Attached Files

Edited by TheMattgician, 05 June 2014 - 08:16 AM.
Moved away from Bug reports

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

1. I don't know how possible this is, but it sure as hell would be snazzy. If I recall correctly, Mumble isn't very easy to work with.

2. A splash for newcomers was designed, but I suppose not implemented. I need to see what the devs have to say about that.

#3 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

1. Was a bug truncating the mumble channel ID. Now fixed

2. I'll get that done. It's mostly done already.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed