OGFM

Former Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:47 PM

Hello guys!  :)

I'm sure we all have came across the struggle of waiting long periods of time, to get a lobby finally initiated, just because we're missing a class to be filled up. Last but not least - If you've read the title you've probably already guessed it - meet the Medic! Yes! The infamous German Doctor!

You know what? I get it. It's a unique position, with a very different playstyle from the damage dealing classes. However, it's considerably one of the most important classes to choose from. Why? Because he's the player who comes to aid when we're in trouble and we so desperately press the "E" key - thank your Medic once in a while and don't blame him when you die. After all, he's the true "Life Saviour" of the Team Fortress 2 Universe.

Unfortunately, when it comes to gamers getting around to play this responsible class, we have a deficiency in hand. Yes, you read it right, we lack Medic players. Now, before I get stones thrown at and called a hypocrite, I personally tend to play other classes (no excuse) but have been practicing and will play it more competitively.

Without more rambling, I'll head straight to the point - I would like to see some sort of motivation for one to go out their ways to play a different class, Medic, on TF2Center. Be it a sort of a benefit or perk, within reason and of reach, we could change the way Lobbies sit, awaiting for a single class and make it a faster process.

I personally would suggest a Point system. A point would be awarded to those who dedicate to play the class within lobbies. Eg: After a certain ammount of points, the user would receive some sort of reward - again, keeping it cool. Not only would there happen an increase in the ammount of Medic players but also the current ones would feel more appreciated.

Finally, I hope I did not offend anyone to main Medic, I'm only zealing for you! 

TL,DR: Attempting to resolve the lack of Medic players within Lobbies - coming up with a reward for players who choose to play it.

Thank you for your time,

Tiago.

• BrettPrunc, Stevbeme, Enginty and 2 others like this

#2 sage78

sage78

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:30 AM

Cool idea! 

if everyone played medic in 1/6 of their 6s lobbies the medic problem would completely dissappear.

#3 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:08 PM

Could you elaborate on the perk part?

#4 OGFM

OGFM

Former Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:33 PM

Could you elaborate on the perk part?

Sure!  ;)

Basically a sort of compensation to get people to pick the Medic class, in order to permit lobbies to have a better flow, without having to be stalled over a single player.

The ideas are endless - if following the point system, after x ammount of points user could be rewarded with a benefit within TF2Center's website, a similar but not equal status to Donator. Being able to create more than a single lobby would be a start, possibility to choose a player to join the Medic's team (would not be functionable if medic slot was reserved by the Lobby Leader but otherwise, Medic could choose a friend to play on the same side) could also be a solution. It all depends on how relevant we want to make it.

#5 sacrilege666

sacrilege666

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:22 PM

the friend and additinal lobby limit are both pretty good ideas, I have zero reason to play medic, if the friend i play with lags out of his spot, and you have to play with people with no intent on communicating or playing around you.

#6 Jaros

Jaros

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Location0xDEADBEEF

Steam Profile

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:00 PM

Was kinda discussed before.

https://forums.tf2ce...ment-for-medic/

• nrd. likes this
chieƒ : omg brony bitch reported

#7 OGFM

OGFM

Former Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:09 PM

Was kinda discussed before.

https://forums.tf2ce...ment-for-medic/

Ish.

#8 Kengur

Kengur

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:32 PM

Sounds like veteran benefits...

#9 happs

happs

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:33 AM

Cooldown immunity. (In non-AL)

#10 Lia_Rein

Lia_Rein

Former Mod (:3 っ)っ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:34 PM

I'm a med main and I like free perks, therefore: :)

Not Liable for Rein damage

#11 Aleister

Aleister

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:04 AM

I sorta agree, there needs to be an incentive, although we should also try to encourage teamplay and people actually taking care of their Med in the game in the long run, but an incentive would help making others play it for sure.

#12 System

System

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:51 PM

I currently enjoy playing medic, and I too like free perks, so I support this suggestion.

I like the proposal of a freemium-like counter, tracking times played in a period of time (e.g. resetting monthly) and granting a subset of donator privileges on completion.

Edited by System, 15 November 2018 - 04:55 PM.

#13 System

System

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

Alternatively, perks could be granted upon completion of the Dr. Doom, Metalhead, and Happy Fatty site achievements, which would make these into a more rewarding experience, vs. clicking the Yay! button.

Edited by System, 14 January 2019 - 03:14 PM.

#14 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:01 PM

Alternatively, perks could be granted upon completion of the Dr. Doom, Metalhead, and Happy Fatty site achievements, which would make these into a more rewarding experience, vs. clicking the Yay! button.

Sure, but it turns out that people are more sensitive to short term rewards. I doubt this will help enough...

#15 System

System

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:58 PM

What about adding an option to tip medics?

Edited by System, 24 March 2019 - 06:01 PM.

• Hoxy likes this

#16 Hoxy

Hoxy

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:01 PM

if playing med in lobby earned actual money i'd be happy to play t b h so n1 system, doubt it's realistic though

#17 BlueBunny

BlueBunny

青い兎

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:35 AM

While I agree that medics are rare to join a lobby, I don't think that the class mechanic itself is the problem. I have played medic for multiple years and mained that class, my experience in lobbies as well competitive is, that the Medic is the punching bag for most misfortunes or mishaps in the game, be it true or not. The Medic is the only class that doesn't contribute directly to win or loss, his kill/death ratio doesn't matter and you can only see how much healing he did after the match. Plus, the amount of heals/hpm is highly depended on the perfomance of the rest of team.

If you really want people to play that class more in a long-term situation, the behaviour and attitude towards Medic-players by the community would have to change. No reward system will bring enough players to fill in the role. Gaining perks or a shiny new medal on the page is only temporary and actually, a lot of players don't care that much about it. 

• Hoxy likes this

#18 ♬ ᴛᴇᴋ ɪᴛ ᴇᴢ ♬

♬ ᴛᴇᴋ ɪᴛ ᴇᴢ ♬

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 11:33 AM

How about every time someone makes a lobby ready up by filling a medic slot (i.e. it was the last open slot waiting to fill), they get half a day/a day of premium, stackable up to 3 days?

This could also apply to e.g. heavy in HL.

#19 Pickle Da Goldfish

Pickle Da Goldfish

• Users
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:37 PM

What about a streak that counts how many times you've played Medic in a row? That would be quite epic I think.

#20 Waterser

Waterser

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 09:57 PM

What about this:
For each 4 lobbies played as medic you get the option to have an extra one added to your count, that would help newer players that want to be able to create lobbies

• Waterser likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Under Review