• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 96drum

96drum

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:49 PM

I think adding a !ping command for lobby leaders would be extremely useful, to give a sound notification to that person targeted. (eg. "!ping 96drum" would give a small ping notification to me) Preferably, a !ping all command would be good as well. A 10 second or so cooldown would also be a good idea, to prevent abuse by trolling lobby leaders.

This would be good for lots of situations where you want to contact someone and they've tabbed out. For example if your friend suddenly wants to join your team, and you want someone to switch to the opposite team. Or if you want to ask your team to join mumble, you can "!ping all" to get their attention.

I'm don't know much about developing, but I think that's already a feature that admins can do in the main lobby finding page (for regions, if not specific people), so I assume it wouldn't be too much work to port that over to the lobby page?

Alternatively, it could be buttons by each persons name, next to the kick and ban buttons.

Thanks!

#2 Ulyk

Ulyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:34 PM

downvoting this, no thanks,

people will abuse it even with a cooldown and i don't want to hear a ping when i'm pre-readied. and even if it doesn't ping people pre-readied, or in spec; it should be the participants' responsibility to pay attention to the lobby status and not the hosts job to micro-manage. if it's so important for your friend to play then reserve a slot or wait for the next lobby and if teams are stacked because players won't switch, get used to it.

we have the rep system if people don't join mumble anyway.

#3 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:55 PM

All I'm reading is abuse abuse abuse. This isn't going to work.

!ping AU

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

#4 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:00 PM

!ping NA

#5 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:53 AM

The sound notification, that lobby leader was able to use to annoy any player, was one of TF2Lobby features which we (TF2C devs) intentionally haven't included into TF2C features set. And not going to do so in a future, because of its abuse vulnerability. Sorry to disappoint you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined