Photo
Warned

sero - warning request (is that a thing?)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 fraac

fraac

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

Sero leaves every lobby he plays once he believes one team has an unassailable lead, without reporting himself, if there's a new one starting. I've tried explaining that he's spoiling the game for 11 other people but he doesn't care, he says he'll keep doing it. Please have a word. 

http://rc.tf2center....561198039657072

#2 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

We need some kind of proof, you said you spoke to him so could we have say a screenshot of the conversation you had with him? Having said that we put the reliability system in place to punish people for leaving midgame without reporting themselves and you can see the number of "Ragequits" on his account. This will likely make it harder for him to join lobbies and thus he's been punished for this already in a way.

However if proof is provided I'm sure one of the mods/devs wouldn't mind talking to him.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#3 fraac

fraac

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

Would you like me to talk to him for you, so you can have a screenshot, so you can talk to him?

#4 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

Would you like me to talk to him for you, so you can have a screenshot, so you can talk to him?

Look, instead of being like that why don't you give me a break? I'm trying to give you a chance here. You should always post evidence on your ban requests and I could have just outright rejected your request because you have no evidence whatsoever. Now do you have any evidence or not?

Former TF2C Moderator

#5 Kenneth

Kenneth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

Ya'll need to chill out or somthin'.

R.E.M., the account linked does show an abnormal amount of RQ, so I'm inclined to believe the reporter. A warning should certainly be given, and I'd consider a short ban if he is not receptive to a warning. 

#6 fraac

fraac

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

Give you a break? You're asking me to do your job for you. I don't have time for that. Do you not have the ability to check when someone leaves a lobby? Actually yes, you do, because it's right there in the logs, you can see how long a replacement player played (the starting player will say the full duration - that's a bug). That's all the evidence you need. I mean, do you care about the site running well or not? If you don't, that's fine, pass it to someone who does.

#7 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

Geez REM, what are we paying you for? Oh wait, you're doing this on your free time.

Fraac, the mods aren't here to please you. You are suppose to have the following information for a ban/warning request:

• Steam Name
  • SteamID
  • Lobby Number
  • Date and time
  • Screenshots
  • If the incident happened on a server:
  • Demo file
  • Status command output

Doing this is neither difficult nor time consuming for you.

If you want us to deal with this in particular, do it right. Discussion closed.

• R.E.M., Computer and Prometheus like this

#8 Kenneth

Kenneth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Have chatted to a member of the community who has more evidence including demos of this sort of action and more unfavorable behavior. Reopened thread for submission. 

#9 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

Have chatted to a member of the community who has more evidence including demos of this sort of action and more unfavorable behavior. Reopened thread for submission. 

Could you provide said evidence? As soon as I see it I'm willing to give the user a warning.

Former TF2C Moderator

#10 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

This guy has 65 Ragequits out of 460 lobbies, 72% reliability.

That means maybe 60 teams that he has hung out to dry. and a few legit crashes, etc.

Once we have better proof, I'm interested in giving this guy a talk.  Finding out why, etc.  I was in an awful lobby yesterday that was pretty mismatched.  At one point, one team had 4 players.  I'm not sure how to avoid this behavior, but a team member in mumble made a comment that this was happening a lot more in recent times. 

#11 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

Talked this AM with sero.  He also mentioned that he spoke with Kenneth.  A warning was delivered.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warned