6 replies to this topic

#1 rayyy

rayyy

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:39 PM

Okay, this might sound kind of dumb, but earlier today I was in a lobby waiting for players and browsing others to see if I might want to switch; I find that visually seeing the player list helps me to see what classes are available much more easily and be able to see if, for example, I would probably drag a team down (I.e. They have high lobby counts, especially compared to mine).

Anyway, as I browse I try to click in the middle of the lobby button, to avoid auto-joining, but I guess I must've forgotten to for one lobby, and accidentally automatically joined the lobby. Normally this would be fine, but it turned out that this was the last slot in the lobby. When it asked if I was ready, I of course clicked not yet and immediately left the lobby. However this reported me and I lost 10%. Sure, I can regain this easily enough, especially since I'm trying to play at least 2 lobbies a day this week, but I'd like to see a way to disable to auto join, or something else to prevent this happening again :) I'm sure it also annoyed the players in that lobby, who had probably been waiting a little while to play.

TL;DR I missclicked and it led to me losing 10%, I'd like to see a way to prevent it happening this easily again! Also if there already is one I'd love to hear about what I could do haha ;)
Comp players bash traders and traders bash comp players. As both, feel free to bash me whether you're a trader or a comp player! :D

#2 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:29 PM

I had no idea you could join a slot by clicking on it from the home page  :wacko:

Just click on the picture of the map and you will never have this problem

#3 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:04 PM

Anyway, as I browse I try to click in the middle of the lobby button, to avoid auto-joining, but I guess I must've forgotten to for one lobby, and accidentally automatically joined the lobby. Normally this would be fine, but it turned out that this was the last slot in the lobby. 

Hey, this is kind of confusing, mind elaborating? Are you trying to say joining a sub spot? Those appear at the top of the lobby page and don't have a picture of the map. You must have been prompted by a 'Do you wish to join this sub spot" etc. Haven't heard of auto-joining unless you mean pre-readying up, but that doesn't activate unless you click on it.

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

#4 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:36 PM

He means he accidentally clicked the last class icon from the homepage in a 11/12 or 17/18 lobby and caused it to ready up

#5 rayyy

rayyy

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:33 PM

I had no idea you could join a slot by clicking on it from the home page  :wacko:

Just click on the picture of the map and you will never have this problem

Okay, I probably got confused with where you click and what it does and stuff. Sorry. Hopefully I can get my reliability back soon enough. It's a shame making the mistake I did causes you to lose 10%.
Comp players bash traders and traders bash comp players. As both, feel free to bash me whether you're a trader or a comp player! :D

#6 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:44 AM

Reliability is calculated by your 10 latest games, you'll get it back in no time :)

#7 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:37 AM

Marking as completed.

Archiving.