• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Azte

Azte

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

Hello homies, I need some help with setting up my server to run some lobby games. i've read the FAQ and all the info I could find but I'm still failing miserably to get games running as smoothly as they do for others. So i just rented a dedicated server. I uploaded the configs from the extra pack from http://etf2l.org/rules/configs/ to my server in the correct map. However when i start a lobby it still doesn't seem to automaticly run them. And I myself can't exec them with the rcon command or I'm doing something wrong. So anybody with any experience running servers can help me out? 

Thanks in advance!

#2 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

Which bits doesn't it run, exactly? Or do the servers not get any part of the configs enabled?

#3 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

Were you able to get a lobby started? The configs should've executed atleast once if you were able to make a lobby with it.

#4 Azte

Azte

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

Yes I could make a lobby and when it starts the creation process it even says executing the configs, however as soon as you get on the server the match is already underway, no ready up needed so it hasn't run the configs it seems. However when i log on the server and for example type exec etf2l_9v9_koth.cfg it does run the cfg then. So I don't really know what I'm doing wrong. I also don't mind handing out the server info + rconpassword and stuff to you 2 guys if this might help you seeing what I've done wrong.

Thanks so far.

#5 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

Azte, please PM me the server IP and rcon password, and a lobby number where this has happened if you know it!

#6 Azte

Azte

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:14 AM

Ok, done!

#7 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

Hi, are you sure the configs are in /cfg folder and you execute them manually? 

rcon exec etf2l_9v9_stopwatch

should either give a message that the config is loaded and ready to go, or "'not present; not executing". Anything else is not possible. 

#8 Azte

Azte

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:11 PM

I just tested that out, and it loaded the config for me and seeing as i downloaded the complete cfg package i should have everything thats needed. Or maybe I'm somehow still missing some configs because 2 out of 2 times i tried highlander koth_lake_side final so maybe the problem lies with that? : <

#9 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

Last I heard TF2C sets up the configs using Rcon and not using a .cfg file that would be required to be on the server.  Unless this has changed or I was misinformed in the first place weather or not you have the configs on your server shouldn't really make a difference unless you are trying to change things from the way TF2C has the server set up for lobbies.

#10 Kenneth

Kenneth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:52 PM

The only required config file is a whitelist. You do not have to have the etf2l configs installed, just the whitelist files. 

#11 Azte

Azte

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

Well then i really dont know what's wrong because i have the whitelists as well :S

#12 Azte

Azte

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

So, I still need some help with this unfortunately, anybody who can help me? I can give out server ip+rcon if needed : <

#13 Harry Kaine

Harry Kaine

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

i cant try help u !  add me