• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:12 AM

Steam Name: Hertz
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:62439185
Lobby ID: #620444

"1.1 Offensive names

Names that have potential to cause offense to other players, including but not limited to: general derogatory language, directed derogation, discrimination, sexual language, or are generally disrespectful."

"1.6 General Impersonation

Logging in and playing with a name chosen to impersonate a regular player or otherwise using an impersonated name to defame a player's name or otherwise deceive the community."

"2.1 Offensive Language

Language with the potential to cause offense to other players, including but not limited to: general derogatory language, directed derogation, discrimination, sexual language, or general disrespect towards other players."

"4.5 Inappropriate behaviour & offclassing

Wasting time in lobbies, inappropriate offclassing, being antagonistic to other players is prohibited."

Evidence - Imgur Album (2 images)
https://imgur.com/a/MAJY8

This should be fairly self explanatory. POV demo can be provided for further evidence if the images are suspected to be doctored.

#2 obla

obla

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationSydney

Steam Profile

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:38 AM

Images not showing, please reupload if you wish to continue with the ban request.

-poke-

#3 Nobel_H

Nobel_H

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:16 PM

lDTMciV.png

yNuVS6o.png

#4 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:04 AM

This is a weak ban request at best.. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forums.tf2cen...185/#entry31237

Do you mind elaborating what makes this "weak"?

The second image is in clear violation of rule "1.1 Offensive names". It caused great offence to me, and was deliberately targeted by the perpetrator.

The name is also clearly intended to impersonate, mock and defame myself and my team tag, a clear violation of rule "1.6 General Impersonation".

The language used most definitely has the potential to cause offence and was deliberately intended to be disrespectful. He referred to my team as "crap".

He is deliberately being antagonistic to myself.

I would like to have multiple independent admins review this case please.

Thank you.

This is the internet Nobel, you're going to get made fun of sometimes. Calling a team "crap" is very tame compared to your average tf2 conversation. Yes, he changed his name to something similar to yours, and I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings, but he's not parading around on center pretending to be you. This incident just doesn't warrant a moderators intervention, sorry. 

-for the record

#5 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:06 AM

You have requested another admin to review this so i am. Basically these rules were designed to punish people are doing it to troll for longer periods of time.(thats my take on it)  His name was like this for a very short amount of time. If you found that name offensive even though he had it for a short period of time I am sorry but you will need to get thicker skin if you play games on the internet. 

• Highvlass Heavy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rejected