#1 FromZero2Hero

FromZero2Hero

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

Any possibility for different chat boxes? And an option to select which kind of messages you like to see and which you don't. Not sure if it's needed at this point since the chatbox isn't really exploding. I'm just getting annoyed by the direct links to lobbies. :) Just a few ideas:

- General

• Just general chat, random stuff, questions towards other people, ...

- Lobbies

• All messages that have something to do with joining lobbies. like "Only medic left to start..." 
    Direct links for joining a lobby could be automatically placed in here to keep it clean. 

- Recruitment

• Lately I've seen some posts about people that looking for a team or looking for some players. And since there were plans about creating some sort of recruitment feature, this could be a easy solution. It's not very advanced but I think it's enough for now. 

- System announcements:

• Promoting public servers from TF2center. Direct link to join the server every x minutes?
    "TF2Center EU #1 Join now 14/24 pl_upward" 

• "Player x has earned achievement y, congratulations!" => motivate other people for achievements. 

• In case of update every x minutes direct link to changelog => "Update <date> changelog"

• If you need extra people for design, coding, etc.. you could ask people for it with system announcements? Dunno if you need anyone or not. Stuff like that could be in here too. 

• "No lobbies up? Rent a server from: serveme.tf" => Happy partners! 

• In the future, when accepting donations, messages could be played every x minutes too.

• "New on TF2Center? Check out the guides and rules on our forums and the FAQ on the top. Advanced player? Help out the new players and feel free to create more guides on the forums!"

And maybe a direct link to the "push to talk-guide" since there are a lot of players that have the worst background sounds you can imagine. 

• Maybe in the future, partner up with blackoutgaming.tv or other streaming services to make lobbyplayers warm to play competitive and place the links in the chat. 

• ...  (there could be a lot of messages here that could be useful.)

Trade messages would be a step too far and are not really needed. 

• MikeNGo likes this

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

:ph34r:
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined