8 replies to this topic

#1 ArcadeSandwich

ArcadeSandwich

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorway, Asker Sentrum

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:13 PM

I started play lobbies when I understood that I started to play more advanced in pubs (does not mean I got many kills tho)

When I joinec the first time, I pressed medic and joined a process map (I map Im not familiar with) and I got so much hate because I suck a medic and its f***ing lobby. I got really upset and just left the game. At the time I had some real issues finding out where to start. 

1. Noob problem: tf2center.com doesn't show the "Lets Play" good enough. I used atleast 2 hours on the website trying to understand where to "sign" in for a lobby. When that was done I joined the game I just talked about, and left, without knowing what this my do to me. I leave, and check my account, because at the time I still didn't properly understand what was going, and see that my reliability. Now the Reliability function is a really good mechanic. But not for n00bs. I didnt understand the system, so I just left the game, and got redused to 90% because I didnt write !rep our "class". And that is because I didnt know.

The next thing is:

I just before this was gonna go on my 5th lobby. I join, but the server has a newer update than my pc. I was so worried that I might get redused in reliability, I tried to figure out what to do. Now I was too afraid to close my account to update, but then something happened. Someone !rep'd me. I was so glad, because I thought it wouldnt reduse my reliability. But it did. Even now I still learn things, that i crucial, because some server require 80% + reliability. 

My request is:

Please make this site more noobfriendly, and if you could, (im not expecting this) please make my reliability. I just feel its unfair that I learned some of the lobby mechanics by using my reliability "points". Thanks alot.

#2 Dreamcat

Dreamcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:00 PM

https://tf2center.com/faqour faq actually answers all the question you had ;)

• Brightly likes this

#3 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:55 PM

Did you actually read the landing page? https://tf2center.com/

Why are you blaming us for a 90% rep because you rage quit?

EDIT: and yes, this: https://tf2center.com/faq#5_2

• Highvlass Heavy and Brightly like this

#4 ArcadeSandwich

ArcadeSandwich

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorway, Asker Sentrum

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:06 PM

Did you actually read the landing page? https://tf2center.com/

Why are you blaming us for a 90% rep because you rage quit?

EDIT: and yes, this: https://tf2center.com/faq#5_2

That is not what I meant. I probably could have used more time to understand. But the noobfriendly'ness isnt that great. Im not blaming anyone (not intended if I did blame)

#5 dabeste92

dabeste92

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

People never read the FAQ. Then they ask stupid questions and wonder, why people get annoyed by them.

I personally think TF2Center is very easy to understand.

RTFM

Saltmaster since 2013

#6 Kirito

Kirito

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

To be fair, I don't think the FAQ is mentioned in the landing page. Something at the bottom of the page with the other links like "Any questions? Be sure to check our FAQ" might help. People still probably won't check it, but then the landing page will contain just about everything a new player needs.

#7 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:30 PM

To be fair, I don't think the FAQ is mentioned in the landing page. Something at the bottom of the page with the other links like "Any questions? Be sure to check our FAQ" might help. People still probably won't check it, but then the landing page will contain just about everything a new player needs.

Alright, so: if we put that line on our Landing Page, everybody will know where to look for an FAQ? How about a huge fixed position at the top of the site, stating the simple letters "FAQ", oh wait....

• dabeste92 and Highvlass Heavy like this

#8 Kirito

Kirito

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:44 AM

Not every website has an FAQ, so people's default reaction may not be to look up an FAQ if they have a question. If it's mentioned in the landing page, they would at least know it exists. Also, the more linked up your website is the better (where appropriate). Finally, the link to FAQ is among a bunch of other links that new players generally don't need to worry about (Changelog, About, Donate, Advanced Lobbies).

#9 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:29 PM

Not every website has an FAQ, so people's default reaction may not be to look up an FAQ if they have a question. If it's mentioned in the landing page, they would at least know it exists. Also, the more linked up your website is the better (where appropriate). Finally, the link to FAQ is among a bunch of other links that new players generally don't need to worry about (Changelog, About, Donate, Advanced Lobbies).

I get the point you're trying to make, but it's so hard to feel bad for people when they literally don't try to figure ANYTHING out for themselves.

The FAQ button is literally right next to the forum button on the top of the page. Use your brains people. 

• Brightly likes this