• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Included_Middle

Included_Middle

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:15 PM

A lot of people chose to play lobbies in different continents when they know its just not likely that a lobby will fill in their continent, but it get annoying looking at a few lobbies and then getting a load of pop-ups on every tab, a setting to remove this feature would be nice.

#2 Dreamcat

Dreamcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:16 AM

Just play lobbies in your regions

• Pazer and Highvlass Heavy like this

#3 Maz

Maz

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:36 AM

Playing lobbies in your particular area will be more beneficial. And install ad block if pop ups occur for you.

• Dreamcat likes this

#4 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:58 PM

Playing lobbies in your particular area will be more beneficial. And install ad block if pop ups occur for you.

not sure if ad block would block those as they are not ads
It's just warning him that the lobby he is joining not in his region. If I remember correctly if you get multiple there is a close all option .

#5 Saga

Saga

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:41 PM

Imma say it again, I'm too stubborn to change the region of my steam acc which is "Chrismas Island" and therefore I'm not able to region restriced EU lobbies even tho, some might know it, I'm actually from germany.

Oh boy Saga just change it cmon...well then what's the point of your region feature when anyone can just change their region on steam anytime they want? I'd love to have my region manually changed by some helpful admin tho if possible , thank you.

#6 withadancenumber

withadancenumber

Former Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:15 PM

We do not change players regions.

If you wish to not receive these pop-up make an informed decision and change the region on your steam account. The system is set in place so players can get into lobbies with optimal ping.

If you are unwilling to do that then unfortunately you will have to live with having the message on your screen.

Contact me via PM or twitter @DanceNumbah.
If I was helpful to you please click the "Like" button on my post!

#7 Tury

Tury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:14 PM

Just play lobbies in your regions

A lot of people chose to play lobbies in different continents when they know its just not likely that a lobby will fill in their continent, but it get annoying looking at a few lobbies and then getting a load of pop-ups on every tab, a setting to remove this feature would be nice.

#8 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:00 PM

This is a silly thread. There is no reason we need to take time out of our day so you can save yourself 1 mouse click. You've probably spent more time energy reading and writing on this thread than you will even closing those messages. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined