• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Trekah

Trekah

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:13 PM

Before it said it required 100 hours played which I did but now it wants me to have 300 what happened?

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:25 PM

There was an update pushed today which changed the req back to 300.

This is to discourage players from using alts, and to have a higher-level of game experience from all of our users.

• Brightly likes this
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#3 Trekah

Trekah

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:28 PM

That's completely unfair to those who thought it was 100, I just got done busting my ass to make it to 100 only for them to give me the bird and say it's 300 now. I heard it was to stop Trolls and hackers and I don't think anyone in their right mind would spend over 100 hours to just troll -_-

#4 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:45 AM

It's not unfair at all. Newbies with 300 hours are usually clueless, let alone 100 hours...

Also

I heard it was to stop Trolls and hackers and I don't think anyone in their right mind would spend over 100 hours to just troll -_-

Is that so? Well, I guess we just undo it then? I'm sorry I didn't consult you beforehand.

#5 withadancenumber

withadancenumber

Former Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:40 PM

If you're still looking to get better at tf2 while working up to 300 hours, might i suggest DM and MGE servers. You will have some good time to get your aim up to speed so when you can start playing centers again you'll hold your own!

Contact me via PM or twitter @DanceNumbah.
If I was helpful to you please click the "Like" button on my post!

#6 tehvkh

tehvkh

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:45 AM

I guess this page should be updated now.

http://tf2center.com/faq

• Minimum 100 hours of game time logged for Team Fortress 2,)

Edited by tehvkh, 12 September 2015 - 05:45 AM.

#7 Hst

Hst

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:25 PM

If you're still looking to get better at tf2 while working up to 300 hours, might i suggest DM and MGE servers. You will have some good time to get your aim up to speed so when you can start playing centers again you'll hold your own!

I can win all tf2center staff on mge-servers, but i cant play cuz  i have no 300 hrs??!

#8 Tury

Tury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:22 PM

I can win all tf2center staff on mge-servers, but i cant play cuz  i have no 300 hrs??!

It doesn't matter if you can "win all tf2center staff on mge-servers", in what world is that a requirement to play on center? If you have less than 300 hours and you even know about comp TF2 I'd be very surprised, most people start around the 700ish hour mark. 

#9 Hst

Hst

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:49 PM

It doesn't matter if you can "win all tf2center staff on mge-servers", in what world is that a requirement to play on center? If you have less than 300 hours and you even know about comp TF2 I'd be very surprised, most people start around the 700ish hour mark. 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/lottic/

#10 Speedicus

Speedicus

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:51 PM

A bit sad, spent all week finalizing my 100 hours. Now it's 300. I am sad :(