#1 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

Just an idea, but it would be nice to have an extended pre-ready time for reserved slots.  It could be just a flat time that is longer than the current one, or a choose you're pre-ready time, or even a permanent pre-ready time.  This would prevent someone in a reserved slot from going afk for a bit and then the lobby filling and subsequently falling apart because someone in a reserved slot dropped and didn't come back.  This is primarily important for a lobby leader since if it is anyone else the leader can just un-reserve their slot.

You're probably thinking "but then they might not be back for the lobby once it starts" and you are correct, but they will automatically be !repped after a certain amount of time and a sub will come instead of the lobbying emptying and never filling.

Last weekend I finished a lobby, and since lobbies almost always take forever to fill because of Med/Heavy/Engie, I started a new lobby right away (of course reserving the slot I wanted) and went afk to step outside for a cig.  When I got back inside I saw that the lobby had filled but since it was after my pre-ready timer ran out I did not ready-up and subsequently I got a lot of false accusations of being a troll and half the people left.  We were left with a slowly filling lobby with 30 people in spectate that after 40 minutes I just closed because I was tired of waiting.  Sure, if I had a perma pre-ready option that might have meant I would have been !repped and replaced had I not made it back in from my smoke in time, but at least everybody else would have gotten to start their lobby.

#2 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:55 AM

All issues connected with reserved slots will be resolved after the implementation of regional locking of the lobbies. After this we are going to change reservation system in 2 directions:
  1. All reserved slots auto opens after lobby leader leaving.
  2. All reservations will be limited to 3-5 minutes. After this, all reserved slots automatically opens.
So after these changes no need to mess with pre-ready timer.
I will mark your suggestion as "Declined", but I hope, the problem that is worrying you, will be solved as I have described.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined