Photo

what class should I start with if I want to play medic later on?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 matrixcode

matrixcode

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:47 PM

I'm a pub medic who wants to get into competitive some day, but through my knowledge, it's the hardest class to play in comp games.  Should I play as one of the other support classes like an engineer so I can understand support classes better, a powerful class like a soldier or a heavy so I know how to protect a medic, or something else?  I want to start in highlander and then move to 6v6 later.

• Furycymn likes this

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:49 PM

If you want to play medic, then start off by playing medic. The only way to get better is to play. Ask other players if you don't know what to do in X position, or on Y map.

There's also some medic guides out there, if you are interested in reading them:
http://forums.tf2cen...petitive-medic/
http://forums.tf2cen...-surfing-by-rj/
http://comp.tf/wiki/Medic
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#3 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:25 AM

I wouldn't say medic is the hardest class, but rather the most important class. Some classes need high technical skills, where you need to have absolute control over your mouse and keyboard, such as soldier, demo, pyro, scout, spy; the one thing that a medic need is game sense. On top of that you need to collaborate with your team to use that ubers to push or to defend, which makes it a class that requires a lot of experience to play it properly.

That being said, as my fellow staff buddy pointed out, just start with reading the guides, so you at least have a clue what to look for. The second step would be to play a Mumble-required Lobby, and tell your team you're new and you need some guidance. Most players are probably happy to help you out, as it's in the team's interest to work together!

Now enjoy this wonderful class ;-)

- a 700+ Lobby main medic

#4 Brightly

Brightly

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:40 PM

Med guy here. Grab a mic, join some mumble required lobbies and you'll be Gucci. Playing medic is mostly positioning so when you feel lost, just ask. Call your own position if you're lonely. Worked for me in 6's. The main difference in HL is you need to be a lot more concerned about sightlines, y'know; with snipers and such. Good luck!

#5 JNeb900

JNeb900

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:42 PM

Be sure you play some lobbies with random classes first. If you start playing medic without knowing how the gamemodes work, you're gonna get a ton of hate

#6 Neidii

Neidii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:08 PM

You read guides, you watch videos, take a look at some demos and then you play medic. It's as simple as that. You'll get better eventually but you just have to start somewhere.