Photo

How do you deal with people who don't join mumble in mumble required lobbies?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

Nevermind

Edited by The Once and Future King, 10 April 2014 - 05:42 AM.

#2 Kenneth

Kenneth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:03 AM

In my opinion, as a server operator you are in your full rights to kick someone (which will automatically request a sub) if players refuse to join mumble in a mumble required lobby. It makes it pretty clear that you have to join mumble, and there really is no excuse. If you see people repeatedly not joining mumble, then let us know in the ban forums. They won't necessarily be banned but they will be talked to. This whole problem should be fixed once we get mumble reliability. 

I think what you did there wasn't in the wrong at all, for the same reasons above.

#3 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

In my opinion, as a server operator you are in your full rights to kick someone (which will automatically request a sub) if players refuse to join mumble in a mumble required lobby. It makes it pretty clear that you have to join mumble, and there really is no excuse. If you see people repeatedly not joining mumble, then let us know in the ban forums. They won't necessarily be banned but they will be talked to. This whole problem should be fixed once we get mumble reliability. 

I think what you did there wasn't in the wrong at all, for the same reasons above.

I remember hearing before that server operators are allowed to kick people who aren't in mumble, though I don't remember who from. I've never done it before, but I've come close when people say they are purposely not getting into mumble when they have the ability to.

Edited by VoidWhisperer, 02 April 2014 - 10:20 AM.

#4 Saga

Saga

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

Depends on my mood and what class/map it is. If it´s something that can should get a quick sub I usually kick.

Ofc I warn the player in question first.

#5 cyrus

cyrus

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

Kill 'em aall!