TF2C Profile: Kris18
Region: NA

Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Critical plugins: * Adblock Plus
Connection type: * Router

Bug type: Main page
Lobby ID: --
Date & Time: June 20-21

I haven't played a lobby on TF2C for about a week or two until yesterday (had other things to do) though I've opened the lobbies page a few times. I finally get time and what a surprise, AL are starting up soon! I saw the first closed AL games put up for the showmatches, but I also saw a ton of lag. I'm not sure if the two are connected, but I'm assuming so since it's the only major update since I last visited.

When I load up the /lobbies page to TF2C, my browser lags and gets slower and slower and more and more unresponsive quickly until it's basically dead; I've had to use task manager to close Firefox a few times. This seems to be only a problem with the /lobbies page; I can view any other page (including lobbies themselves) without lag so long as the /lobbies page isn't opened.

As you might expect, this is pretty annoying and makes it take 10-30 seconds (if I can at all) to open a lobby and get my spot, then close the /lobbies page. This means I might not get my spot and we all know that pain of being so close to getting that spot to see it disappear right before you.

Anyway, I'm on Windows 7 64-bit using Firefox 38.0.5. I am running adblock, though this has never been an issue. (I just took it off for a minute to make sure and it did not solve the problem.) I haven't had a similar problem on any other site lately, so I'm assuming it's something with TF2C.

If you need any other information, ask of course.

Thanks!

(also http://forums.tf2cen...g-a-bug-report/ needs to be redone as it is outdated and has links to pages I can't visit)
  • mariPr and Randallker like this

#2 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

Have you tried Chrome as an alternative?

A couple times over the last month, TF2C has experienced performance problems which can make it seem like your browser is lagging.  Is this still an issue?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined