Photo

Moderators and admins not wanting the voices of people heard who disagree with them

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chronos

Chronos

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:20 AM

http://forums.tf2cen...-posts-deleted/

The last closed thread. We are not after a change to bans, just the opinions of people being known in relation. I care not about my ban due to having no intention of playing tf2center until there are serious changes to the infastructure taking place. I can confirm that there is zero evidence, not anything. Yes, myself and 4 other friends were playing in a pub that ninjamoocow was in. Not one of us said anything to him, we just played the game. I would love any evidence of the contrary to be brought forward. That is not a discussion forum, but this is. As you can see, people are discussing and you disagree so you lock the thread. Everyone I have spoken to which is neutral on the topic thinks that ninjamoo cow has been abusing his power to people who have done nothing wrong. Even people who would normally side with tf2center have reluctantly said that he is the one harassing and being vindictive. 

• RangeR, Scrambled, Chronos and 1 other like this
( ° ʖ °) It’s time ( ° ʖ °)

#2 Scrambled

Scrambled

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:35 AM

An in depth analysis of Luop90's message in the previous thread:

*sigh (I can't be bothered thinking about this, so I'm saying no)

Scrambled, creating a new thread isn't going to change anything (no). After a discussion with the moderators, all the bans were reduced to 1 month (we know this), due to the escalation from previous bans (All none of our previous log in bans), and evidence provided by mooCow (none). All the posts in the ban thread were hidden (by me) as that is not a discussion forum (you made good points in your ban thread, so I hid them). The decision was made (no), and it will be upheld. (We don't listen to reason)

Discussion over (We don't listen to our community). Thread locked. (Lets prove you right)

Wouldn't a "No we're not listening to you, we're going to lie about having evidence against your claim, and lets lock the thread to prove that you're right." suffice?

( ° ʖ °) It’s time ( ° ʖ °) for change in TF2C

Edited by Scrambled Ammo, 20 April 2015 - 03:40 AM.

• RangeR, Scrambled, Chronos and 1 other like this

#3 RangeR

RangeR

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:50 AM

Here's my concern about the entire situation :
Firstly is there any solid hard evidence that would prove that the moderator is question was being stalked ? Because even with my very limited knowledge of TF2 (sorry I'm a scrub) I understand that a single status screenshot just tells the steam id , name , ping and several other details however it will not show if the people have been server hopping with him .
Next thing is about the question of "team killing" . Yes we all hate glitchers and abusers , however in a pub its the most abundant thing to see . Also are there any proofs that that's what was going on ? 

After reading the threads I got to know that moderator had blamed Chronos and his friends for harassment .

So any proof other than one person's word ? Because today I might just make an appeal , ban this player because he is a hacker / aimbot / very rude in game and chat . If I do not have sufficient proof to back it up I would be a laughing stock .

Also even if the entire matter about the pub might have been true  (which is highly doubtful) why would they be dragged to TF2Center and cause a ban ? So is it true for any player in any pub ? If I can bring proof against any player who plays in TF2center and has been a source of pain to me in game in some pubs or some previous matches will they be banned ?

Or is it just for mods who can abuse their power and sit higher up than concerned players ?

Please may i get an answer ? Then I'd start going over servers and record chat and logs every instant to see if i find just any person harassing me so that i can ban them from TF2center . 

Also 

( ° ʖ °) It’s time ( ° ʖ °)

• Scrambled, Chronos and Scrambled-Ammo like this

#4 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

From your previous thread:

We've discussed this case with the admin team, and despite you having a moderator and an admins as friends we feel the need to keep the abusers banned.

You and your friends kept harassing one of my moderators in public servers after a chat ban. That is inexcusable and childish behavior.

If you're claiming to be part of "a community that should primarily be built around people having fun," You should behave like it. The moderators acted appropriately and despite this, you're being given a second chance whenever your ban runs out.

#5 Scrambled-Ammo

Scrambled-Ammo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:26 PM

My account got forum banned lol.

An in depth analysis of kKaltUu's message from a previous thread:

We've discussed this case with the admin team, and despite you having a moderator and an admins as friends we feel the need to keep the abusers banned. (someone argued your case, but for reasons we won't tell you, we're giving you a log in ban from the site for playing in a pub server)

You and your friends kept harassing (no evidence of this happening) one of my moderators in public servers (I joined one public server with him) after a chat ban. That is inexcusable and childish behavior. (again, no evidence)

If you're claiming to be part of "a community that should primarily be built around people having fun," You should behave like it. (We banned you initially for having fun, so this is nothing more than an attempt to insult you) The moderators acted appropriately (Wrong) and despite this, you're being given a second chance whenever your ban runs out. (The mod is still mad, but can't justify a permanent ban)

I am interested in hearing the reason for a forum ban. As far as I'm aware, I did nothing more than give some opinions that Admins and Moderators didn't agree with, and that isn't rule breaking.

( ° ʖ °) It’s time ( ° ʖ °) for change in TF2C

I would like to say that the bans on Chronos and myself further prove the title of this thread.

Edited by Scrambled-Ammo, 20 April 2015 - 01:14 PM.

• Scrambled-Ammo likes this

#6 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

Fight the power yo.

Down with anyone in a position of power higher than I am ... booooooo!

#7 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:26 PM

The forum bans are because of opening several topics on the same issue. We've already told you the staff's stance on this. After talking to chrono about it you don't want a second chance so that's how we're going to treat this.