Photo

Disable sv_pure restrictions again? - low FPS since change?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 casual

casual

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:04 AM

Hello, all.

Up until about a month or two ago (can't remember exactly), tf2center was free of sv_pure restrictions. Since, there has been some sort of restriction in place.

Although I am still able to use clear tf2 in the current version of tf2center, custom particles have been restricted and my framerate has been completely unbearable. I am used to having somewhere in the range of  35-45 fps in a highlander match back before this change, but recently I've been struggling to hit 25/30 in 6s, getting no more than 45 fps staring at walls. My fps has been fine in pubs and other usual places, but tf2center's new restrictions (and whatever else they changed when they changed sv_pure) have destroyed any chance at playable fps.

I hope this concern is taken seriously, as many players in the community rely on custom materials to play at an acceptable framerate.

I couldn't find a thread on the forums, but why are some materials now being restricted? I don't see what was wrong at having an sv_pure restriction free zone, like before.

Thanks.

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:25 PM

Couple things:

• sv_pure should not affect FPS - All it does is force players to use the stock materials, which should actually increase your FPS as it doesn't have to load a new directory in the custom folder for the new materials.
  • In addition, TF2Center does not change sv_pure settings, and can't, even if we wanted to. sv_pure is not a CVar that you can change, its a command line option.* In addition, you should get used to playing on sv_pure servers - all competitive servers are required to use sv_pure to prevent material wallhacks.

*Not completely true, as a mod such as TFTrue can make the cvar change w/o going through the command line, but for vanilla servers, it's impossible.

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!