Photo

Why is this site full of impatient and unfriendly people?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 zeigon

zeigon

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:27 PM

As the current lobby i'm playing in needs some minutes to become full i thought i'll share my experience with this site in the forum.

First of all, neither am i new highlanders nor tf2. I used to play this game since 2011 and was playing quite alot on tf2lobby.com with some friends. Around Summer 2013 i stopped to play tf2 and continued in February 2015.

Unluckily tf2lobby was closed by the site owner so i was looking for alternatives and found tf2center.

Well the site itself isn't that bad, but the people in there are.

So out of 29 matches i got replaced 4 times. Before. The. Game. Did. Start.

3 times because it took me too log to connect. I even appealed in that sorta lobby chat and told them my pc is quite slow so i need a few more minutes. But those people don't care they just replaced me.

And once, again in the warmup before the match started, i have been replaced for wearing a god damn gibus. No joke, they reported me instantly because i wore a freaking gibus. It was part of the loadout where i have been playing with some friends as "gibus gang" and well they propably thought i'm a noob even though i have over 1,5k hours in this game. 

Whenever i was hosting games for those people there have never been any problems and i didn't kick anyone not even those who have like 200 hours. I think i'll only be hosting from now on as i have then enough time to join my server.

Ironically, the site says:

Afraid that your slow computer will cause you to be reported? Don’t worry, TF2Center will allow you 3 minutes to start connecting to the server, rather than being ready in the game. For connecting subs, this value is currently 2 minutes.

#2 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

I would like to see the logs of the matches where that happened...

#3 darkravenseven

darkravenseven

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:39 PM

It's not all your fault. But mostly because people have no patience to deal with someone who has low hours and lobbies. Additionally, people tend to want someone who has a lot of experience in the class that you are playing, and because of it they sub you. I think it is a common issue. All you can really do is try to show that you aren't bad, and gain a rep for your skill/playstyle in that class.

#4 JNeb900

JNeb900

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:48 PM

Nothing you can do. Just report 'em and move on

#5 Showerfairy

Showerfairy

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2536 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:13 PM

Theres nothing center can do about your pc being slow- its auto rep after 3 mins.

If you got rept for no reason by just simply wearing a gibus- make a ban in banrequest.

A lobby leader has the right to ban and kick players. (within a certain amount)

Try not to look at only the negative aspects of the site. How about playing with a friend and gain experiences together. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ban unban admin

#6 Marty

Marty

Clown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Steam Profile

• Marty - Offline
    Since: Feb 12 2023 03:36 PM
    3.7 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:12 AM

"why are people mean on the internet"

#7 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:27 PM

get a better computer and/or have TF2 started before the lobby starts.  3 minutes is more than enough time to get to a game server, and it will not auto rep if you are connecting, just join mumble and tell your team that you are on the way and they will probably not rep you.

#8 zeigon

zeigon

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:25 AM

@Admin I can't show you logs of any of those matches because I WASNT EVEN PLAYING WHEN I GOT BANNED! Otherwise just have a look on my logs.tf profile you can see i was never trolling or afk.

get a better computer and/or have TF2 started before the lobby starts.  3 minutes is more than enough time to get to a game server, and it will not auto rep if you are connecting, just join mumble and tell your team that you are on the way and they will probably not rep you.

If the lobby doesnt have mumble verification no one joins it...

Theres nothing center can do about your pc being slow- its auto rep after 3 mins.

If you got rept for no reason by just simply wearing a gibus- make a ban in banrequest.

A lobby leader has the right to ban and kick players. (within a certain amount)

Try not to look at only the negative aspects of the site. How about playing with a friend and gain experiences together. 

How could i when they play quite often without me because i get banned of the reasons above.

#9 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:40 AM

This all shows you're not really willing to resolve this problem. You haven't posted a link to your profile, you haven't posted a link to logs.tf so we could look into things. You're talking about bans when we're dealing with manual reports.

People have suggested a lot of stuff, but for reasons beyond my understanding you have decided that that doesn't work for you. I guess we're done then.