9 replies to this topic

#1 Maxplasma

Maxplasma

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:20 AM

Hello!

I have a suggestion, perhaps add a class filter? For instance: You can choose only to display Spy/Sniper, so only Lobbies with those slots open are displayed.

A simple suggestion, I hope you like it :)

• Williamsext likes this

#2 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:27 AM

Note to devs: This suggestion was made before but has no thread on this site. I have added this thread as a hyperlink to the correct suggestion.

Yes I like this idea, definatly should be implemented. Thanks for the post.

Also edited name of topic to make the content clearer to devs.

• Zap likes this
Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#3 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

I'm not sure I like this idea. Not having a filter somewhat forces people to offclass more often, making lobbies start faster.

#4 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

I'm not sure I like this idea. Not having a filter somewhat forces people to offclass more often, making lobbies start faster.

People will only offclass if they want to offclass. If someone wants to play a specific class (like me) then this is a useful feature for them.

Former TF2C Moderator

#5 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

People will only offclass if they want to offclass. If someone wants to play a specific class (like me) then this is a useful feature for them.

I like to play spy, but I'll often offclass because I don't want to wait. If I don't even see lobbies, then I certainly wont offclass. An alert for your class to open up is I think a better option as whole.

#6 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

Besides offclass issue, that TheMattgician has described, there is another one - sometimes classes are changing very often. Besides epileptic blinking of the filtered lobbies on the main page, this will produce the huge amount of excessive websockets requests, which will lead to many problems on backend. Sorry, but I must decline this idea. Most likely we will include mumble parameter into the filter instead of this.

#7 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:40 AM

I like to play spy, but I'll often offclass because I don't want to wait. If I don't even see lobbies, then I certainly wont offclass. An alert for your class to open up is I think a better option as whole.

If you don't like waiting then a lobby filter isn't going to make your wait time any less longer. If you main spy then I'm not surprised that you offclass a lot because that is pretty much the most commonly played class and it fills up within seconds of the lobby opening at peak hours.

For someone like me who mains med, I can pretty much go into whatever lobby I want and get my preferred class. The class filter system isn't for everyone but that dosen't mean it's not useful for some people.

Besides epileptic blinking of the filtered lobbies on the main page, this will produce the huge amount of excessive websockets requests, which will lead to many problems on backend.

That's a shame. I've heard a lot of people ask for this to be implemented.

Former TF2C Moderator

#8 Zap

Zap

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:15 AM

I would make a suggestion that players could filter that they're shown lobbies that have certain classes avaliable.

Edited by TheMattgician, 19 April 2015 - 04:49 AM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Filter: Class"

#9 Kengur

Kengur

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:45 AM

You can use my browser plug-in https://steamcommuni...roups/stars-tf2

It allows you to see lobbys in popup windows with appropriate slot filters (clickable too!)

#10 Fluid

Fluid

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:05 AM

Sometimes, I've always wanted to just hop on anything, beit sixes, beit fours, or maybe just some highlander, as a scout...

Essentially with the filters, I'd like to see something that allows you to search for games with the filter of a certain class being open...

For example, since I main scout, I'd probably click on the scout emblem to make sure that said game that I'm searching has a scout slot open... 

I could see how this would sometimes be inconvenient because someone else can take the spot within a second's notice, but it'd still be a pretty useful feature... Especially for those lobbies that desperately need a medic main and nobody wants to play medic...

That's about it, keep up the good work and thank you for such a great site... :)

Edited by TheMattgician, 10 May 2015 - 02:54 PM.
Mearged Threads; Origianl Title: "Search by class"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined