• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roflita

roflita

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

i like tf2center as a site, but its ridiculous that someone can be repped SOLELY BY THE OPPOSING TEAM

after waiting a while for a sniper spot i was in a badwater that was finally starting

as soon as the match started i began seeing reps show up in chat with no explanation. i got repped and then booted from the lobby through no fault of my own

they said i was hacking based on my low hours and some shots i hit during pregame, which is just a whiny sniper main angry that someone is better than them. i have the pov here:

http://www.mediafire...agget_santa.dem

its really short because i only got to play for ~30s before getting booted

again, i think its dumb that someone can be forcibly removed from a lobby based solely on reps from the other team

• Captain Pegleg likes this

#2 Sterling

Sterling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:19 AM

I think its also fair though. Think of this scenario:

You join a lobby and open it up expecting a fair and fun game. To your surprise, you find a hacker or exploiter on the enemy team. However, you can't do anything about it because only their team can kick him and they won't because they're winning. The only thing you can do is wait a painful entire game and then report on the forums and hope that something can be done with the info you have.

Being capable of repping enemy players helps ensure fair gameplay and that if somebody is doing something unsavory, you can always do something immediate about it.

However, abusive reporting can always be reported on the forums here and if what you say is true, submit a ban request for the people who reported you wrongfully!

Edited by Sterling, 01 February 2015 - 02:27 AM.

Sterling~

#3 JNeb900

JNeb900

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:54 AM

Pretty sure you will get banned for repping for no reason.

Unfortunately, like Sterling said it's good for it to be that way