TF2C Profile: kevinkyan
Region: NA

Browser: Google Chrome
Critical plugins: * AdBlock
Connection type: * Router

Bug type: In-game
Lobby ID: --
Date & Time: 12/25/14 12:00 PM

I joined a lobby and went in game and while we were waiting for players, I somehow got kicked from the game.

#2 kevinkyan

kevinkyan

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:21 PM

TF2C Profile: kevinkyan
Region: NA

Browser: Google Chrome
Critical plugins: * AdBlock
Connection type: * Router

Bug type: In-game
Lobby ID: --
Date & Time: 12/25/14 12:00 PM

I joined a lobby and went in game. While we waited for players, I somehow got kicked from the game.
Its my first day using tf2 center and I already have two rage quits for no reason. The first one I got reported for using a kritzkreig? Is that even a rule? I was 2nd on the scoreboard and healing everyone I saw but still got reported. The second one, I just got kicked from the server before I even started.

#3 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:34 PM

Merged threads.

What was the lobby number?
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#4 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

Kevin,

> I joined a lobby and went in game and while we were waiting for players, I somehow got kicked from the game.

Lobby creators, people that own a server and start a lobby, have control during setup to kick players and/or ban them from their lobby that is setting up.    Some lobby creators have good reasons for kicking and banning..  Others not-so-much.  The truth is, TF2C mods and admins give a lot of leeway with that judgement.  So, best case, maybe a lobby creator's friend joined and wanted your slot so the creator kicked you.

We frown on a server owner using RCON server commands to kick/ban people.  There is a mechanism called !rep where players can vote you off the server.  They will do this for honorable or less-than-honorable reasons.   My assumption is that people didn't like how you were playing.  Keep in mind that TF2C is the gateway to competitive play, and some players and groups of players take these games really seriously.  People that are great players rarely get !repped.

#5 Vitto

Vitto

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

Today i was trying to join as scout sub in a 6s lobby. I claimed the spot and on the lobby page i was showing with the "reconnecting" status with the connecting bar empty. So i clicked reconnect but i couldnt join the server since it was full, i tryed multiple times but the server info was 12/12 players full. i got reported so i now have 1 ragequit on my profile but its not becouse of me its becouse of a bug. I never ragequitted in fact yesterd i got the achievement progress of 2 months not quitting any lobby but now i will have to restart it... please cancel that ragequit since it was caused from a bug.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pending User Response