#1 JNeb900

JNeb900

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:32 AM

I have around 950 hours.

When I make a lobby, I ban people who have, say, 6000 hours just to keep it less stacked and more even. Someone in a lobby said that doing that can get me banned?

Can it? I mean, its my lobby, and there's a ban button so you can use it to remove people you don't want playing

#2 Captain Pegleg

Captain Pegleg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:28 AM

I wonder if adding a max hours restriction would be labor intensive for developers? I can't really answer your question though, that is up to the mods.

I can say that hours only represent skill about 75% of the time though in my experience; I have seen many with thousands of hours who were just mediocre, and of course lots of alts with <300 hours who wrecked everyone :(

#3 JNeb900

JNeb900

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:54 PM

Yeah I know. I once saw a 22000 hour demo, bottom scored, and complained we were all bad. lol

But usually it shows they have lots of experience (often they play sniper or scout)

#4 doublecup

doublecup

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

Yeah I know. I once saw a 22000 hour demo, bottom scored, and complained we were all bad. lol

But usually it shows they have lots of experience (often they play sniper or scout)

22k hour? did you screenshot?! thats outrageous

Steam Profile: https://steamcommuni...id/itchy2stronk // LFT

#FreeGucci

#5 Some_Thing

Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

You may use the ban feature as a lobby leader at your leisure. All we ask is you use it in the right manner and provide plenty of notification as to why you will be using the feature. If you want to restrict to lower hours, I suggest you put tags on the lobby to indicate it so, also type something in text chat.

We do monitor use of the function and excessive or inappropriate use will be dealt with.

#6 LGL

LGL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

I think you can ban/kick anyone but it would be better to check lobbies played and league profile pages instead of blindly baning someone from lobby because he has too many hours. I know that time played equals more expierience but not allways, this is tf2 game with cosmetic bullshit, full of idlers and traders. They may have hours and may not have skill needed to actually play comp tf.

• Captain Pegleg likes this

#7 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:47 PM

what are you doing that you're being kicked for having too many hours? Never happened to me in NA / EU in over 1k lobbies