3 replies to this topic

#1 georgebaii

georgebaii

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCornwall

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:58 AM

Last match of the season is coming up in two weeks and is Cp_Steel, probably one of my least played and least favourite maps. I play heavy as well for my team so I'd like to know what general tips there are for steel, how I should practice and what things my team must always be aware of in Steel scrims or the official itself?

#2 Kaelan Frey

Kaelan Frey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:05 PM

From what I know about cp_steel, here's what I have to say:

• Defending:
  • Don't commit too many resources to defending point A. You'll lose it quick and if you're all dead from it, the enemy will cap B much quicker, and that point is far more important to defend. By losing B, the defenders have two giant holes in their frontlines to take care of, and while you're RED you don't want that.
  • Always watch your back, even though the map is a labyrinth, the Spy can access pretty much any area quickly to do stuff. So be careful.
  • Attacking:
  • U FAKIN RITAR (Youtube link) - Basically the more control points the attackers have, the less respawn areas/doors the defenders will have.  Commit more resources to capping all of the points quickly to bottleneck the defenders and capture E easily.
  • I'm not too sure about this, but it might be a good idea to have a low-importance class like the Scout harrass the final point sometimes to prompt a response from the defenders, so you'll be able to attack an objective more easily. Sending the Soldier to assist him may also prove useful to stall the defenders even further, although the main attacking force will lose a picker/support.

Edited by Kaelan Frey, 05 December 2014 - 02:05 PM.

div5 player

#3 ManSkirtDude101

ManSkirtDude101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:19 PM

If your confused by the call outs everything can pretty much can be like "x to y connecter" where you replace the x and y to where you are going.
76561198074630755.png

#4 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

calling areas:

http://comp.tf/wiki/Steel

specific and general tactics can be found at blackoutgamingTV (covers HL games)

https://www.google.n...kouttv cp_steel

• Kaelan Frey and Luop90 like this