7 replies to this topic

#1 TheCapeKid

TheCapeKid

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:22 PM

As you may already be aware, Steam has added a streaming feature for Steam Beta users a couple days ago! While this feature is still in beta (and admittedly has its kinks here and there; lag seems to be a big issue), the convenience it provides for Steam users (more so effectively in smaller quantities) has been something I have found to be quite apparent. What implications does this have for the future of video game steaming? What about Twitch and its users? Will we see integration with TF2Center's interface once this feature is out of beta? (I'm thinking rather far ahead though with that one  :ph34r: )  I wanted to see others' opinions on and experiences with this new system! Has broadcasting worked for you?  :huh:

Posted Image

#2 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:55 PM

It's an interesting idea, though I can imagine integration would be hard if valve doesn't include some kind of api.

#3 Sterling

Sterling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:58 PM

Lag needs fixing before it can definitely replace Twitch. The majority of people [at least on my friends] have only about 20-30 fps while streaming.

Also Steam Air skin doesn't work with it ;-;

Sterling~

#4 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:49 PM

Looks and works amazing, same performance as with OBS on similar settings.

#5 Jared20098

Jared20098

• Users
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

My ping takes HUMONGOUS hit when I start a stream. Ping can be at around 50 and it skyrockets to the upper 300 and sometimes even more than that!

#6 icy

icy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:45 PM

If TF2 Outpost, a website dedicated to trading, has a sidebar for twitch streams, I believe TF2Center, website dedicated for competitive play, should have that as well. Should be on the forums btw.

#7 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:16 PM

It's on the list icy, don't worry about it.

As it turns out, there's also some more exciting things on the list coming up.

• Captain Pegleg likes this

#8 vice

vice

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:53 PM

Steam Broadcasting. On the one hand it`s cool, cos u can stream your gameplay, but on the other hand- a lot of f2p players in Dota2, TF2 and CS:GO which wanna share with you their "good experience"