• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wyboo

Wyboo

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:19 AM

So I'm approaching my 1000th hour of tf2 (yay!) and I decided that I'm going to try to play competitively. When I joined, I found out about mumble and researched it more. I'm wondering if I should use mumble because there is one problem. I am 12/13. Can you tell me if anyone on the comp servers will make me leave or kick me, even if I give relevant information. Thanks.

#2 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:09 AM

As long as you aren't purposely annoying, I don't see why most people (except those who are not nice to people to begin with - it's the internet, they do exist) would have any issues with you.

#3 Wyboo

Wyboo

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:13 AM

Thanks! I won't purposely annoy people, I'll give relevant information.

#4 happs

happs

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:48 AM

Honestly, I think it comes down to how serious the other players on your team are acting.  If they sound like they are goofing around and not talking about the game, then they are more likely to frown and trash talk for no reason.  Then it might be best to sit quietly in mumble.

However if they are actively engaged about the events of the game, you should try to follow the advice in this thread: http://forums.tf2cen...82-match-comms/

As long as you are effectively adding beneficial information, then you should use mumble, and your age will not be seen as a detriment.

Don't worry about what others say about you, and just focus on improving your own game.

If you are going to ask questions about gameplay, seek advice players that are taking the game seriously.yet don't rage when things are going badly. 

Edited by happs, 29 November 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#5 icy

icy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:26 PM

As long as you are effectively adding beneficial information, then you should use mumble, and your age will not be seen as a detriment.

I remember back in TF2Lobby people used to hate kids regardless if they were annoying or not.

Now the only people who hate kids here are 700 hours iron players.

#6 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

I need to be honest, I have seen games go both ways.  Sometimes kids get beat up a bit in mumble.  Mind you, when I see it I usually push back on the person doing so.

I think if you are good, then do it.  Your skills will be obvious.   Without voice comms, I wouldn't still be playing tf2.  It brings it up to the next level.

I have noticed that sometimes girls and kids keep their heads down a bit in mumble, and only comm when they have to.  That may be an approach.