• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gado the medick

gado the medick

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:19 PM

Hello, as i said in the title, im new to competitive, after playing my first match, i got reported for being a bad medic, im just trying to help the team and im healing them very often, but i got killed a lot by a demo and a sniper, who even when i was with my team, i still died a lot. is there a way to get a private training to become a better medic? valve servers and mge are not helping due to no one trying to help me, and, i just need to become a bit better to finally play in here well. i also noticed that players in my match reported me every time i died, even if it was their fault for:

-leaving me alone

-rocket-sticky jumping away from me

- picking up the medkits when im on fire or wounded

#2 icy

icy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

Your team should be protecting you. 

Try playing another class for about 20 lobbies, watch some competitive medic demos/videos, and then start playing medic in lobbies.

#3 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:03 PM

I'm starting to play a little bit of medic, and recently got into using Chris' Config. I've edited pieces of it, and included a special crosshair for the crossbow, check it out-

Spoiler

Here's the breakdown of it-
Mouse1 switches you over to medigun, and when you press down on M1, it doesn't heal, when you release it, it heals. Its like auto-heal, but better.
Mouse2 switches you over to crossbow/needles, and pressing mouse2 fires it. Blue circle as a crosshair, viewmodels off.
Mouse3 switches you to melee, and pressing mouse3 is what is used to attack with it.
Mouse4 is for using the uber. It masks the voice output to calling for medic, drops intel (if you have it)
All the shift commands are rebound to ctrl. So ctrl + c = mask ubercharge, and ctrl + o = suicide.
Pressing F1 twice switches spawns, press F2 causes all your teammates to call out.

Oh and one last thing, you need to make a cfg called "default_crosshair". Place this in it. If you don't, than the custom crosshair will stay the same for all weapons, instead of just the crossbow/needles.
cl_crosshair_file ""
cl_crosshair_scale 32
cl_crosshair_red 200
cl_crosshair_green 200
cl_crosshair_blue 200
r_drawviewmodel 1
viewmodel_fov 54
Hope this helps smile.png
  • Captain Pegleg likes this
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#4 FromZero2Hero

FromZero2Hero

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

There's a guide on the forums, you can read it. It may be helpful.

http://forums.tf2cen...petitive-medic/

Or try some youtube videos of medic tutorials. 

Like icy said above here. Try some different classes first. See what your medic and the enemy medic does (or does wrong). Learn from your team, and learn from your own mistakes. 

A few hints I noticed that a lot of new medics are not doing very well:

- Learn maps. This is one of the most important things.

• Where does the sniper stand a lot? What are good sniperlines? => Where should I stand so he cannot see me?
  • Don't stand still. Don't run in a direct line when you know a sniper is watching you. 
  • What are safe places to stand? => What is a safe place to stand so I don't take spam?
  • Where do people tend to push from? => Don't stand to close when you don't have ubercharge ready.

- Try to stay behind your healing target as much as possible. They will take the spam instead of you. Keep targets healed that receive damage. 

• Captain Pegleg likes this