#1 kyumin2lee

kyumin2lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

Hello guys, I'm wanting to get into the 6s format, and I'm wondering how I should start.

Maps, class, tips etc

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

~TUG

76561198143384608.pngAddFriend.png

b_560_95_1.png

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:42 PM

What class are you planning to play?

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#3 icy

icy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

Scout - You need much more experience to play this class. In highlander, all you do is push the cart and cap, but in 6s, you need to protect the flanks and to annoy your enemies. You also need to know when to kill and when not to kill.

Roamer - The "free style" soldier. You always need to wear gunboats to get around quickly. You need to be good at jumping and killing the med. Don't stick with your med unless you need heals; always stick with your scouts. Know every map's rollout.

Pocket - Your job is to stick with your med. You will mostly use shotgun, but if you are experienced enough, you can go gunboats pocket, although it's not recommended. Don't stick with the scouts, stick with your med.

Demo - You have to weaken the other team up so they can't push that easily. That means you have to do lots of damage. The recommended amount of dpm is around 300. Stick with your med mostly, but you can transition to sticking with your scouts. Know every map's rollout.

Med - SO much easier than highlander. You won't have people getting mad at you very much, and healing is a lot easier. Just heal your demo first in rollout, then roamer, then scout, roamer, and then pocket. When you get to the mid fight, be super aggressive since you regen health. Don't be afraid to pop when you are <50 and you know you are about to die.

Edited by icy, 22 November 2014 - 12:26 AM.

#4 kyumin2lee

kyumin2lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

Scout - You need much more experience to play this class. In highlander, all you do is push the cart and cap, but in 6s, you need to protect the flanks and to annoy your enemies. You also need to know when to kill and when not to kill.

Roamer - The "free style" soldier. You always need to wear gunboats to get around quickly. You need to be good at jumping and killing the med. Don't stick with your med unless you need heals; always stick with your scouts. Know every map's rollout.

Pocket - Your job is to stick with your med. You will mostly use shotgun, but if you are experienced enough, you can go gunboats pocket, although it's not recommended. Don't stick with the scouts, stick with your med.

Demo - You have to weaken the other team up so they can't push that easily. That means you have to do lots of damage. The recommended amount of dpm is around 300. Stick with your med mostly, but you can transition to sticking with your scouts. Know every map's rollout.

Med - SO much easier than highlander. You won't have people getting mad at you very much, and healing is a lot easier. Just heal your demo first in rollout, then roamer, then scout, roamer, and then pocket. When you get to the mid fight, be super aggressive since you regen health. Don't be afraid to pop when you are <50 and you know you are about to die.

Oh I thought scout was the class to begin with in 6s.

Which class do you think I should start with?  

Well I've decided to pick up med. 

Had a few lobbies, getting confident at rollouts and looking at binds and scripts.

:) Thanks!

76561198143384608.pngAddFriend.png

b_560_95_1.png

#5 icy

icy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:29 PM

Oh I thought scout was the class to begin with in 6s.

Which class do you think I should start with?  

Well I've decided to pick up med. 

Had a few lobbies, getting confident at rollouts and looking at binds and scripts.

:) Thanks!

Sorry, I didn't word scout correctly. If you are confident with your aim, you can play that class. I started playing 6s as med because I wasn't confident of my aim and dm. You don't need many scripts for comp med, but here is mine:

unbind r
unbind mouse3
unbind mouse2
unbind mouse5
unbind v
cl_interp .015

//

alias uberr "voicemenu 2 5; say_team >>>UBER READY<<<"
alias uberf "voicemenu 1 7; say_team >>>UBER FAKED<<<"
alias "+uberp" "slot2; dropitem; +attack2; voicemenu 2 5"
alias "-uberp" "-attack2; say_team >>>UBER USED<<<" 

bind r "uberr"
bind mouse3 "uberf" 
bind mouse2 "+uberp" 

//

hud_medicautocallers "1"
alias "autocall_initial" "hud_medicautocallersthreshold "45"" 
alias "autocall_temp" "hud_medicautocallersthreshold "450"" 
alias "+autocall_temp_hit" "autocall_temp"
alias "-autocall_temp_hit" "autocall_initial"
alias "+remind" "autocall_temp"
alias "-remind" "autocall_initial"

bind mouse5 "+remind; voicemenu 0 0"

Essentially, when you choose med, it will change your interp to 15, best for medic and other projectile classes. Hitting "R" masks your uber call and notifies your team that you have uber. Press that when you are at 98%-99%. Pressing "mouse2" will mask your uber pop call and pop your uber". Pressing "mouse3" (middle mouse button) will make a fake uber ready call and notifies your team that you have uber. Use it to make the other team think you have advantage.

Mouse5 is the medic radar. You have to press and hold to see which teammate is near you. Not that important, but it is recommended.

#6 ManSkirtDude101

ManSkirtDude101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

Just play and learn from real practice. Your first game/scrim/lobby/whatever is probably gonna not turn out very good however hopefully from that experience you can learn. There is a group called newbie 6s that specialize in teaching people new to 6s how to play in a real match environment. https://steamcommuni.../na6v6newbiemix however if you cant make those just make connections and learn from yourself and other people (including playing lobbies!)

• kyumin2lee likes this
76561198074630755.png