1 reply to this topic

#1 JUUD0LF

JUUD0LF

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:06 PM

Hi.

Yesterday I encountered an issue when playing a Highlander game on Lakeside.

After some time of playing, I got suddenly kicked from the server. I only got the message that said: "An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC-system." The thing is that I did not nor have I ever used any hacking programs, which makes the issues even weirder. I was unable to rejoin because of this and thus my Reliability has dropped to 80% and Ragequits -counter has gone red but still has 0 on it.

I managed to fix the VAC -problem by repairing Steam via run-commands but I still feel like the negative impacts on my stats were unjustified.

So my questions are as follows:

- Is this a common issue with TF2Center games?

- Is there something you can do to the stat penalties or do I simply have to "deal with it?"

- If you know a way to prevent this issue from reoccurring, could you tell me or at least give me some guidelines?

Any help and/or response will be appreciated.

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

This isn't a TF2C side bug.
- Regarding rarity, it is quite rare. It's never happened to me, and it happens occasionally to other players.
- With the stat penalities, playing more lobbies will bring those back up to 100%.
- Generally its an anti-virus problem. A lot of anti-virus' have a "Gaming Mode" where they temporarily shut off, check to see if yours does too.
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined