• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 p0k3W0n

p0k3W0n

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:27 AM

whenever i play games on servers  its fine, but when i try to play on this website with people or friends and whenever i connect to the server for some reason i keep on lagging in game? Yes it is in my region(USA) but my ping keeps reaching to like 120 or higher . I really want to play. So if anyone knows anything please tell me

Edited by p0k3W0n, 10 November 2014 - 03:29 AM.

#2 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:20 AM

This would be an issue with the specific server you are connecting to - the website has no correlation/connection to your ping on the server.

#3 slayer

slayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:19 PM

whenever i play games on servers  its fine, but when i try to play on this website with people or friends and whenever i connect to the server for some reason i keep on lagging in game? Yes it is in my region(USA) but my ping keeps reaching to like 120 or higher . I really want to play. So if anyone knows anything please tell me

Most servers (80% or so) are hosted in Chicago, with the remaining 20% being mostly, Dallas, New York, and Los Angeles.  I ping at 85-95 ping typically to Chicago, and 110-120 ping to New York Servers from California.  It sucks, but that's just how it is.

#4 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:39 PM

Most servers (80% or so) are hosted in Chicago, with the remaining 20% being mostly, Dallas, New York, and Los Angeles.  I ping at 85-95 ping typically to Chicago, and 110-120 ping to New York Servers from California.  It sucks, but that's just how it is.

Most servers are in chicago as it's become the 'de-facto' place to host game servers, due to it's proximity to the center of the country, and the fact that it is one of the most well-connected cities in the US.