• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 prevail

prevail

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:01 AM

I dont think it is a smart idea to only need four votes to essentially have a player kicked from the server. I was in a lobby today and it was on pl_upward. We capped the first two points with ease. I decided to switch to shield instead of stickies to have a litte more fun. We had no issue pushing the third point, but when pushing the last point, which is the hardest point and can be quite frustrating, my team started blaming me for why they were losing, stating I was trolling the lobby. I had no intentions to troll and I was at least ranked middle of the scoreboard or higher. I just chose to have a more unorthodox loadout which can make the game more challenging and fun for the player. Anyway, it only took four votes to replace me. I even switched to the sticky launcher because I really didnt want to get kicked, even though I preferred to use the other loadout. At this point it was too late and I was casually replaced. 

tl;dr - four votes seems fine if a player is being reported because they are mia, but I feel as though it can be easily abused by casuals. 

Edited by Mother Tereza, 31 October 2014 - 05:06 PM.
Moved from Suggestions due offtopic

#2 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:07 PM

This was not abuse.  You were using a troll loadout and you got !repped.  If you want to use a shield that's fine, but if the team needs stickies then they have a right to !rep you.  There are 9 people on an HL team, take away the person being !repped that makes 8, so 4 votes is 1/2 of the team (not counting the person who is being !repped).  If 1/2 of the team wants you gone then you should be gone.

I was in an upward lobby yesterday and we had a Demo using sheild (not sure if it was you, but based on you desc I think different).  We pushed 1 and 2 fine and I didn't notice what the Demo was running.  On Third, we just couldn't push and kept getting pushed back into.  Their sentry was rarely down, a couple of time the engie was snipped and no one killed the sentry.  I noticed the Demo running the shield and realized why we were having such problems.  Eventually we did cap 3rd and had a hard time on last, but not before someone mentioned that the demo was running a shield and complained.  The Demo kept running shield until we !repped him at which point he switched to sticky.  Sorry but if you didn't realize it was your fault that your team wasn't capping and didn't change to stickies then only changed to stickies after getting !repped then it is your own fault that you were !repped..

Edited by The Once and Future King, 31 October 2014 - 04:11 PM.

• Brightly likes this

#3 <basically deleted>

<basically deleted>

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:15 PM

"four votes seems fine if a player is being reported because they are mia, but I feel as though it can be easily abused by casuals.

"I feel as though it can be easily abused by casuals.

"abused by casuals."

"casuals"

Says the man who use a shield while pushing upward's last.

Those shields are very situational, and you may know that destroying a sentry without stickies is pretty hard, mostly on upward :mellow:

They were right. ^^ next time, consider playing strategically :D

Edited by Melionelus, 31 October 2014 - 04:19 PM.

• The Once and Future King likes this

#4 fraac

fraac

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

When you use gimmick loadouts, or offclass in 6v6, it may seem like fun to you but you're saying to every one of your teammates "Fuck you. This game is all about me." That makes you scum, and you have no place in a team game. 

• naknak likes this

#5 Captain Pegleg

Captain Pegleg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:21 PM

Four players is nearly half your team. If nearly half your team wants you replaced, then !rep is just doing its job
  • The Once and Future King, Aphex and Brightly like this