6 replies to this topic

#1 slayer

slayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

I'm using a stock TF2 hud, with a few of my own very minor changes (health, ammo placement, crosshair, killfeed).  As of today's update my backpack no longer has pages numbered at the bottom like 1-2-3-4-5 etc.  The only way I can change pages is by hitting page up/page down.  The page buttons are simply missing.  And I have no clue why, and did a search in google and can't find anyone else having this issue.

I verified my game cache.  And it said 1 file failed to verify and will be reacquired.  But that didn't fix it.

Any suggestions?

#2 flip

flip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:54 PM

the update messed with it a bit but if your hud is updated it should work. I updated my EVE hud and the pages were back. it's your hud causing the problem.

Posted Image

#3 slayer

slayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:27 AM

the update messed with it a bit but if your hud is updated it should work. I updated my EVE hud and the pages were back. it's your hud causing the problem.

I don't know how it could be my hud, which is a 99% stock tf2 hud.  I literally changed only like 4 things the position of the ammo, added a hud crosshair, and extended the kill feed from 4 items to 10 and moved it to the top right corner.

But I suppose later I can rename the custom folder and see if that changes it or not...

Edited by slayer, 27 September 2014 - 01:27 AM.

#4 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:32 AM

Its the hud. I had the same problem till flatline updated it and now it works great :P

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#5 slayer

slayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:07 PM

I didn't realize that I had so many files the custom hud that I made.  I think I might have extracted all of tf2_misc_dir.vpk and just put it in there even though I only edited hudlayout.res and maybe one other file.  Oh well I deleted everything else but a few files in my custom hud director and the backpack pages are working again lol... 

#6 PANIC

PANIC

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:42 PM

I have this EXACT same problem.. I did the same thing as you and made my own hud by only changing a few things.

Any idea on what I should delete to get them back? Also what folder are you deleting files out of?

#7 slayer

slayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

I have this EXACT same problem.. I did the same thing as you and made my own hud by only changing a few things.

Any idea on what I should delete to get them back? Also what folder are you deleting files out of?

/custom/yourhudname

Delete everything but the files you edited.  They updated the backpack so if you have any old hud backpack related files it will cause this issue.

I deleted all files except for the main ones like hudlayout.res the hudplayerhealth.res or whatever its called and the clientscheme and a couple others.