#1 ProfessorCake

ProfessorCake

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPixels

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:58 PM

This topic must have already been posted?

Lately (within 2-3 weeks) Tf2Center has been having some random crashes. The website would just time out, and It would last up to five minutes. No it's not me, I was playing with some friends then they all time out as well. We were all using Chrome & Firefox. I also noticed when I came back to the lobby, nobody was there. So I thought it might have been a global Issue. To me this sounds like a DoS, but I can't be certain. I also tried pinging the website while it was offline (Not saying IP), no response.

Maybe you guys can give me some info about this?

Thanks.

Yes mom, I'm thou Heavy main.

#2 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

There was an outage today we're looking into, but we haven't had any unexpected outages in the last week or two that i'm aware of!

#3 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

To me this sounds like a DoS

Are you fucking serious?

#4 ProfessorCake

ProfessorCake

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPixels

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:07 AM

To me this sounds like a DoS

Are you fucking serious?

It's a fucking estimate, I don't have access to your panel or anything so I can't really tell what it is. Thanks for understanding and being so kind dear admin.

Edited by ProfessorCake, 26 September 2014 - 01:07 AM.

#5 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:45 AM

MN was being sarcastic... 

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#6 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:55 AM

So service outage sounds like a ddos to you? What about an overloaded server, flooded disk, memory leak, hanging CPU, problem connecting to Steam API, DB server which needs vacuuming or a swapping application server? You have obviously no idea what you're talking about, so stop doing the thinking for us.

#7 ProfessorCake

ProfessorCake

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPixels

Posted 27 September 2014 - 03:38 PM

So service outage sounds like a ddos to you? What about an overloaded server, flooded disk, memory leak, hanging CPU, problem connecting to Steam API, DB server which needs vacuuming or a swapping application server? You have obviously no idea what you're talking about, so stop doing the thinking for us.

Please excuse me for saying this, but stop being so fucking stubborn. It could be a million things, you don't need to get your pants wet because of it.

I'm not doing the thinking for you, I was merely giving a suggestion. 

The fact is, you never post this shit to anyone, so how am I expected to know what's going on? Please, stop being so damn confident of yourself.

Edited by ProfessorCake, 27 September 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#8 fishie

fishie

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

wazupp down for some hours now?

Edited by TheMattgician, 27 September 2014 - 07:19 PM.
Merged Threads

#9 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

Please excuse me for saying this, but stop being so fucking stubborn. It could be a million things, you don't need to get your pants wet because of it.

The fact is, you never post this shit to anyone, so how am I expected to know what's going on? Please, stop being so damn confident of yourself.

I think you really need to shut up and let me worry about our up-time.

• Fatswimdude likes this

#10 ProfessorCake

ProfessorCake

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPixels

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

I think you really need to shut up and let me worry about our up-time.

That's a lot of rage coming from the founder of tf2center.

Maybe you should chill out a little, and be nice to your community for once. Maybe then people will like you.

Have a good day!

#11 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

I'm locking this thread. Things escalated, and I'm not sure why! Oh well.

• ProfessorCake likes this