• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 ThunderKeil

ThunderKeil

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Let me start off with that i'm new to this site- i've been on and off playing for a couple of weeks/months now and most of it was fun. most of it.

Besides the fact that you can usually pretty much point out the winning team before the match even starts (i saw there's already a discussion on that, so i won't go into further detail) there's just the plain thing that it's near-impossible to get into this system, being new you're denied from half the games itfp and when you do manage to find a lobby you still risk being rejected for not being experienced enough.

I had 100% reliability up until today, i never leave a game before it's over and i always try my very best to live up to my team's expectations.

Let me reconstruct my latest match today;

>i join a lobby with a map i like and go heavy because nobody else seemed interested in that slot (i'm a medic main but do try to train in all classes).

>only me and the engineer (he was pretty cool) join mumble and upon asking the team why they didn't (in the chat) we were ignored completely.

>we do pretty decent (as well as you'd expect from a team with no communication between anyone else than the heavy and engineer) and play through the rounds -we actually ended up winning.

>around 3/4 of the second round the pyro ( who didn't seem to grasp the basic concept of spychecking) just randomly starts a !rep on me and refuses to provide an explanation.

>following the ''valve server effect'' 3 other people just +rep me without seeming to know what they were doing whatsoever.

>a sub heavy joins, calls the team a bunch of cunts because the team did have a heavy and thus had no reason to call a sub, and leaves again.

>round ends and i'm kicked off the server because ''only lobbyers are allowed to be on the server'' or something like that, don't really remember what it said.

Look, i know this thing is supposedly still in beta but how the hell do you expect it to ever work if you build up a playerbase like that!?

I'm genuinly pissed, mostly because my profile now says that i'm only 90% reliable, even though i was always on time, ready, -and though i may not always carry my team- i do try, and usually more than live up to what could be expected of me.

Lastly, i'd like to critisize this forum, i mea i'm posting this in the supposed ''feedback and support'' section but there is a severe lack on proper subsections, hence i figured i'd just dump it in ''requests and suggestions'', sorry for that i guess.

-JJ ''ThunderKeil'' Lieuwen

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:46 AM

Well gee when you put it like that I almost want to hug you.

Firstly, contrary to popular belief, we do not have the ability to control people. Some people don't want to join Mumble, which is fine as long as they don't go on a Mumble required lobby. Some people aren't good, that's why they're here. When people see a !rep, they tend to think it's a troll or someone AFK, and they rather play than check it for sure, so they automatically rep. The system is built such that it's alway possible to rep out trolls or AFKers, even if that's at the cost of a couple good Samaritans (#statistics).

There is work being done on more balanced lobbies, enforcing Mumble etc. coming up. If you've ever done significant software development, you'll understand that everything takes an absurd amount of time. But it's coming up. We know there's a problem with original players not being kicked when a sub comes in (though you should have had the presence of mind to leave).

Reliability is calculated on your last 20 games, so just keep playing well and you'll be back at 100% fairly quickly.

Finally, this is the suggestions and requests sub forum. You're doing neither, so I don't understand why you posted here. I'll move this to discussions forum.

Unless you have actual feedback, you're just wasting everyone's time, including yours.

#3 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

kell,

You should change the title to "how people use the !rep is terrible."  The system is what it is, a way to remove troublesome players.

In the U.S.  I am not at all pleased with some of our leaders that have been voted into office.  That does not mean that the voting system is broken.

Look beyond your nose.

#4 ThunderKeil

ThunderKeil

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

If it's so easily abusable it can be argued that the system is faulty too, not just the people using it.

After all you can't really change the people, you can however change the system.

Figured that was pretty clear.

#5 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:31 PM

Which still is pointless information. Do you have anything that can be useful to us, like an idea?

#6 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

Locking thread.  This is a complaint thread, not a suggestion.