TF2C Profile: Bumbler
Region: NA

Browser: Google Chrome
Critical plugins: --
Connection type: * Router

Bug type: Lobby page
Lobby ID: --
Date & Time: 1/29/2023 at 5:00 AM CST

I'm at my wit's end. I've been attempting to get back into TF2Center, and I keep on experiencing my displayed version of the lobby being out of sync with the server. Keep in mind I am NOT changing browser tabs-- I'm keeping the TF2Center lobby visible at all times.

Basically, I will--
- Join a lobby
- Pick a slot and take it
- The web page will eventually update, and I'll see that I've been booted from that slot, and often someone is suddenly in the lobby slot I was in.
- Repeat every couple of minutes

This can even happen during the ready-up process. I have, on multiple occasions, gotten the ready-up alert, hit ready, sat and waited for the rest of the lobby to ready-up, and suddenly the page updates and I'm replaced and kicked to the main TF2Center menu. This is CRUSHING, especially after waiting an hour for a highlander lobby to fill up, all while continually re-joining my slot whenever it randomly boots me.

I HAVE TESTED TF2CENTER ON--
- Opera GX
- Opera GX Incognito Mode (no extensions)
- Chrome
- Chrome Incognito Mode (no extensions)
- A fresh install of Firefox

The same result on all.

I regularly ensure that I have a strong, clean, directly-wired internet connection. I'm a streamer, having good internet is necessary. I used to TF2Center regularly and on the daily a few years back, and I don't think I ever had this issue once.

Is there anything I can do? I'm willing to record video of this bug if necessary. Getting kicked like this really kills any motivation to try to play.

#2 Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 03:14 PM

Hi Bumbler, 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

We are aware that people losing their slots is one of the most common bugs on TF2Center, but I'd like to know a few more details to do our best to get to the root of it.

Could you please provide the following details:

-are you using any type of VPN or proxy when using TF2center?

-how many tabs of TF2center do you usually have open when this issue occurs?

-does this happen every time you try to join a lobby or is it intermittent ?

-Can you reproduce the issue on command? if yes, can you provide a recording or screenshare in real time via discord with me ? Pittsburgh#0753 

Thanks in advance!